• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

please grade this hulk 181
1 1

37 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, rckstr1253 said:

No I don’t know if any of them were pressed.  If you did get a book cleaned is that considered restoration?

Cleaning is not restoration and neither is pressing...the rules of the game have changed*

Edited by Funnybooks

1 minute ago, rckstr1253 said:

If you were me which one would you go with? 

I would not be so bold as to offer such an opinion on something as personal as this...suffice it to say that it may be best to follow your instincts and go with the copy that "feels" right for your collection..it's a very nice/very fine181 at the end of the day

maybe some other boardies have an opinion

1 hour ago, rckstr1253 said:

I’m torn on which to go with.  Both are about $4500

I guess I would go with the "P" one. The back cover on that one is cleaner w/o the bleed through. The 8.0 would benefit from a clean/press and maybe get into 8.5 maybe 9.0. But if I were to leave them both as is, it's be the "P" copy for me.

BTW, Aqueous cleaning IS considered resto. Dry cleaning is not.

Edited by Randall Ries

4 hours ago, rckstr1253 said:

Thanks guys for the help.  It was between that one which is graded a p 8.5 

or this one graded an 8.0 by the other c company

561246B2-A358-422C-BE4F-3E0591D78319.jpeg

F053AC44-763B-4795-BAEB-A0AFA2235418.jpeg

I prefer that one, mainly because it doesn't have the distraction of that intrusive date stamp. The BC is not as pretty, but like I always say, who spends their time admiring ads on back covers?

1 hour ago, Albert Thurgood said:

I prefer that one, mainly because it doesn't have the distraction of that intrusive date stamp. The BC is not as pretty, but like I always say, who spends their time admiring ads on back covers?

I don't. But if the back cover looks like a baby bib after lunch it's hard to not flip it over and lament.