• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Comic Cards from the 1990's exploding?

30 posts in this topic

I had someone offer me what I thought was silly money for the 1994 Fleer Spider-Man set. I have the 150 card base set, as well as the large-size cards (un-cut single-card sheets of the nine trading-size cards), and the plastic see-through rare's. I'm not selling, but I thought it was crazy these are suddenly valuable. I wonder what I could get for my unopened & on card Marvel stamp set...hm

40 minutes ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Good time to sell if you need the money.

Good time to sell before the Marvel Card and Deadpool rookie card census explodes in 8 months. 12 Impel Marvel cards /pack or 11 cards plus 1 holo, I think.

100% agree with the sell now approach.

The PSA census is low now and will see a hockey stick increase given how many people are submitting recently and in the days ahead.Of course, if you have a card that looks centered with sharp edges and a super clean surface...submit it via regular or express PSA tier so you can get it back in 4-5 weeks and sell for top $$$

plus, the 1990s trading cards were produced IN MASS...sell your raw cards during this peak demand period.

Edited by Eddragon

3 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:
1 hour ago, spidermanbeyond said:

Everything is exploding due to nostalgia massive, rampant manipulation.   Have to see how high this market will go.  Good time to sell if you need the money.

Fixed.

Yeah, sadly is just the same old, same old...................I guess the old pump and dump game keeps finding new opportunities and new willing suckers who are more than happy to dig deep down into their pockets.  doh!

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Any chance of injecting some life into those classic GA comic cover cards from the 90's which nobody here could dream of ever buying?  :luhv:  :takeit:

I am still waiting for my Todd McFarlane rookie baseball card to spike up in value $$. No luv for the DC Comic Heroes 'rookie' cards even though they have a lower print run than Impel Marvel 1990, 1991? $50 to slab a card then pump and dump.

7 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

$50 to slab a card then pump and dump.

Yeah, I guess it's starting to look like the CGC pump and dump game with respect to the slabbing of "common as dirt" MA books that just hit the shelves of the LCS's last week, and yet the day traders or flippers seem to have no problem finding fresh meat to feed on.  :screwy:

1 hour ago, Eddragon said:

100% agree with the sell now approach.

The PSA census is low now and will see a hockey stick increase given how many people are submitting recently and in the days ahead.Of course, if you have a card that looks centered with sharp edges and a super clean surface...submit it via regular or express PSA tier so you can get it back in 4-5 weeks and sell for top $$$

plus, the 1990s trading cards were produced IN MASS...sell your raw cards during this peak demand period.

4 to 5 weeks? I thought the turnaround is a lot longer than that. 

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Yeah, sadly is just the same old, same old...................I guess the old pump and dump game keeps finding new opportunities and new willing suckers who are more than happy to dig deep down into their pockets.  doh!

Gamestonk:jaws:

1 hour ago, Lorne Malvo said:

4 to 5 weeks? I thought the turnaround is a lot longer than that. 

The value and Econ tiers are taking 7+ months (in most cases, longer). Grading per card ranges from $12 to $20 depending if modern or ultra modern. 

the regular tier = $50/card

express tier = $75/card 

The regular and express tier turn around times are ranging from. 4 to 5 weeks.

I don't understand the hype behind the 1990 set and why everyone's saying those are the rookie cards. Did everyone forget about the marvel sets Topps put out in the late 70s? I understand saying the Hulk181 is a rookie card (of a comic book? seriously?) but ,most of these characters appeared on cards long before the 90s.