• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many actual million dollar collections in the world?
2 2

41 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I was talking to my friend in NY this weekend. He turns 55 in May and is retiring.  He and his wife own an  $800,000 house free and clear, and a condo in Florida with a $25,000 mortgage.  His pension will be in the high 80s, and if his wife retired now, hers would be worth about $45. 

She insists that she needs to work six more years so she can retire at 62 with a $70,000 pension. She insists they don't have the money for them to retire. They currently own four cars in NY plus one they keep in Florida, all paid off. They could easily get $3500 a month if they rented out the LI house and they would have to get by on $175K a year for a few years until SS would kick in. They have over a half million in the bank, and $20,000 in stocks because stocks are so risky.

They could retire on my budget😂. It’s really about the life style you want to live when you retire I guess. If they want the same lifestyle they have when they are employed then maybe they do need more money? I’m only 46 and hope to retire early and play in the mountains somewhere. I’d like to be mortgage free with a nice little  cushion of cash and work part time somewhere easy like at a Outfitter or be a raft guide or something like that for “walking around” money.:cloud9::tink: