• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PUNISHER cover PAINTING by Gray Morrow (1974)

7 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...A%3AIT&rd=1

OA is so under-valued. This piece closed at a paltry 5K plus,,,and the bidding continues (Message from Comic Art-L)

935233-sandman.jpg

-----------------------------------------

To: comicart-l@yahoogroups.com

Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoogroups.com. Learn more

Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 17:38:35 EDT

Subject: [comicart-l] Marvel Preview #2 PUNISHER cover painting WANTED

Hi everyone,

I missed out on the bidding for the Morrow Punisher cover painting from

Marvel Preview #2 which was up on ebay last week. If anyone knows the

high bidder, please drop me an e-mail offlist. I will double the high

bidder's money if they are interested.

This is what I get for going to the Spectrum Art Show! ;-(

Thanks for any help.

Steve

---------------------------------------------------

Winning bid: US $5,625.01

Ended: Sep-09-05 19:58:52 PDT

Start time: Sep-02-05 19:58:52 PDT

History: 10 bids (US $2,000.00 starting bid)

Winning bidder: fanfare-se ( 2004)

Item location: Chicago, Illinois

United States

Featured Plus! Listing

935233-sandman.jpg.a44af0c46e939c2fd5fec41e4fed91cb.jpg

Cool painting; I didn't see it. But to be fair it is a Morrow painting. Paintings go cheap! Morrow goes cheap! Price wasn't bad but a dealer bought it, so it will be alot more next time around. A collector who is a big punisher collector was the underbidder, so it could have gone for more. I'm telling you... buy anything of quality that you can on ebay... it is a buyers paradise right now!

I'm surprised the underbidder didn't bid higher. I know him, as do you, and I can't understand it. He's a HUGE Punisher fan. Why not bid 10K and make sure you win?????

That's a mystery- could have just been bad timing I guess... I've been there before. confused.gif

Cool painting; I didn't see it. But to be fair it is a Morrow painting. Paintings go cheap! Morrow goes cheap! Price wasn't bad but a dealer bought it, so it will be alot more next time around.

The piece was purchased on someone's behalf, not for resale by the dealer. gossip.gif

You're right, Morrow goes cheap, but the best of his work (and the MP #2 cover was nowhere near his best) is so much better than most of the "name" comic artists out there. And if you don't believe me, go ask Frank Frazetta his opinion.

Cool painting; I didn't see it. But to be fair it is a Morrow painting. Paintings go cheap! Morrow goes cheap! Price wasn't bad but a dealer bought it, so it will be alot more next time around.

The piece was purchased on someone's behalf, not for resale by the dealer. gossip.gif

You're right, Morrow goes cheap, but the best of his work (and the MP #2 cover was nowhere near his best) is so much better than most of the "name" comic artists out there. And if you don't believe me, go ask Frank Frazetta his opinion.

I believe! Morrow did some great work! There are a lot of artists who did great work that don't have the marquee names or prices behind them.... not Frazetta though. He got name and price. yeahok.gif