• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LIEFELD

24 posts in this topic

He was sketching like a soldier at Baltimore. His line was almost never less than 30 people deep and he kept the drawings coming. More than I can say for alot of the more popular artists.

He was sketching like a soldier at Baltimore. His line was almost never less than 30 people deep and he kept the drawings coming. More than I can say for alot of the more popular artists.

Anyone in that line older than 15?

Everybody. I'm not sure if anyone in the line was older than 15 in 1992 though smirk.gif

Everybody. I'm not sure if anyone in the line was older than 15 in 1992 though smirk.gif

Even if you liked his work back then, how, how, how could you still like it now. He's just awful! foreheadslap.gif

Different strokes I guess, Robs art is pretty weak but I have seen worse.

Just like in the other thread about the Watchmen page, I just dont see what the big deal or attraction to the art is let alone the $$ its getting confused-smiley-013.gif

I agree with comicartfan, there is a right time and his place for his stuff. I mean, in the more exaggerated artistic period of the 90s, he was different and cool (I mean - there had to be some draw - some of you liefeld haters out there must have liked him at some point). also, his popularity is tied to X-force/Cable, which would have probably been popular without his art (or more than likely, McFarlane would have been moved to New Mutants or at least did the layouts). We're out of this era now, and his stuff looks a little funky in retrospect. He did sell lots of books though.

Open the closet door, there's my skeleton!!!!!!!

I liked Liefeld way back in his New Mutants/X-Force days because it was different.

Quickly tired of his lack of anatomy sense and the fact that he is incapable of showing facial expressions, although several others suffer from that problem.

Got real tired of Liefeld during the Image days. Now? Total suckage!!

Liefeld did a three minute sketch for me in Baltimore that is just beautiful - a headshot of a woman with her hair blowing in the wind. Spectacular stuff.

Liar!!!

If you're going to lie at least make it something that someone could even have a remote chance of believing.

Different strokes I guess, Robs art is pretty weak but I have seen worse.

Just like in the other thread about the Watchmen page, I just dont see what the big deal or attraction to the art is let alone the $$ its getting confused-smiley-013.gif

Nostalgia, it's what the OCA market is almost entirely based upon. gossip.gif