• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Authentication services?

3 posts in this topic

Are there any such services to authenticate unpublished art by comic artists?

I have a sketchbook from the 60s that may or may not contain some Wally Wood sketches.Some are rough pencils,some are finished pencils and some are finished pencils that were inked,supposedly by some of his students.

I can ascertain that the original owner of the sketchbook did study under Wood at one point but how do I get the sketches authenticated?

Any ideas?

well. if none of the drawings are signed. that going to make it very tuff to prove that wood drew them. unless it was one of his personal sketch books. it may just be a student. copying wood.s style.

there was a thread on the comic art l board about some prince valiants drawings they were sold on ebay, where the seller claimed they were foster,s but none were signed.

most agreed that foster most likely did not do the drawings. and i think the items did not do too well on ebay. if i remember. i guess you could try to find someone that was an understudy to wood. they may be able to help you.

bottom line is you going have a tuff time passing them off as woodwork. if they are not signed.

larry ;]