• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worried about stolen packages

4 posts in this topic

I'm thinking of doing a submit of several books, but am very concerned about having them stolen when they are shipped back to me. I live in NYC and FedEx will routinely leave packages without collecting signatures (sometimes, they don't even leave them in the building - but out in the street!) and UPS isn't much better. 

Does CGC have a rep in NYC whom they can securely send stuff to, or otherwise help to micromanage the package delivery (maybe have it delivered to the FedEx/UPS store)?

Am I the only one who is stressed out about this? How do others handle it?

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message. We do ship everything signature required.  However, certainly there have been some cases where the driver has failed to get the required signature and left a package.  You are certainly welcome to have your items shipped to any address you prefer.  We can ship it to a FedEx or UPS pick up location.  You just need to provide that as your return shipping address.  You can also check our Locate Dealer feature and see if there are any authorized dealers in your area.  If there are, you could always submit through the dealer and then the items could be shipped back to that dealer for you to pick up with them. Dealer Listing | Certified Guaranty Company, LLC (cgccomics.com)

Thanks!

CGC sent me (after months to process the book) X-Men 94, 6.5, white pages. They sent it to me USPS and it was supposedly delivered this past Saturday afternoon. I went to my lobby and it was not there. It was either stolen or never delivered. I have been looking into this situation with cgc and usps and it’s a nightmare. CGC wants me to provide documentation of how much the comic book would sell for on the open market. The person in the claims department does not sound very enthusiastic that USPS is going to compensate me for the declared value of $400 plus the shipping fees (its selling on eBay for $520, but eBay screenshots is not acceptable proof of the comics sale value). So even though CGC supposedly sent it insured to me they said in the future they suggest that customers provide their own third-party insurance. USPS delivery never got my signature even though it was sent registered and “insured”. 

Edited by beezimfunky

37 minutes ago, beezimfunky said:

CGC sent me (after months to process the book) X-Men 94, 6.5, white pages. They sent it to me USPS and it was supposedly delivered this past Saturday afternoon. I went to my lobby and it was not there. It was either stolen or never delivered. I have been looking into this situation with cgc and usps and it’s a nightmare. CGC wants me to provide documentation of how much the comic book would sell for on the open market. The person in the claims department does not sound very enthusiastic that USPS is going to compensate me for the declared value of $400 plus the shipping fees (its selling on eBay for $520, but eBay screenshots is not acceptable proof of the comics sale value). So even though CGC supposedly sent it insured to me they said in the future they suggest that customers provide their own third-party insurance. USPS delivery never got my signature even though it was sent registered and “insured”. 

Disconcerting considering the whole point of "registered" mail is that it has to be tracked and signed every step of the way.  If the post office isn't going to bother with a signature, then I might as well save myself some money and have my books sent 2 day priority mail.  I hope this gets resolved for you.