• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate fallout 4 variant 9.8 vs Secret Wars 8 9.9?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

Hey,

With the close of last nights ComicLink auction of $13250 on a secret wars 9.9 ....... I was curious to find out what people would rather have between that and an Ultimate Fallout 4 variant 9.8? (I'm considering swapping my Secret wars for the fallout now that values are close)

3 minutes ago, williamblood said:

long term, uf4 will have the largest gains

that was kind of what I was thinking also...... I was looking at it from a 'buy the book, not the grade' point of view, as a lot of 9.9s look identical to their 9.8 counterparts. And a 9.8 secret wars 8 is +- $500. Having that '9.9' is pretty nifty though..

16 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

that was kind of what I was thinking also...... I was looking at it from a 'buy the book, not the grade' point of view, as a lot of 9.9s look identical to their 9.8 counterparts. And a 9.8 secret wars 8 is +- $500. Having that '9.9' is pretty nifty though..

miles will come into mcu at some point. imo betting on the variants of the big 3 champions members miles, kamala, and sam are about the safest bets in comics atm. if ms marvel show is a hit i think cm 17 2nd print will see a uf4 level increase % wise

5 hours ago, williamblood said:

miles will come into mcu at some point. imo betting on the variants of the big 3 champions members miles, kamala, and sam are about the safest bets in comics atm. if ms marvel show is a hit i think cm 17 2nd print will see a uf4 level increase % wise

You forgot Riri!  That is why I was so happy when I got the band together.  I posted the same pic in another thread but I am still happy and haven't gotten over that high.  I would shop around here on the boards and ebay to get your books.  There are plenty of good people here that might be able to help you score your goal.

quad.JPG

3 hours ago, carter3175 said:

You forgot Riri!  That is why I was so happy when I got the band together.  I posted the same pic in another thread but I am still happy and haven't gotten over that high.  I would shop around here on the boards and ebay to get your books.  There are plenty of good people here that might be able to help you score your goal.

quad.JPG

the 1:100 of sam;s first app is a sleeper. only 46 9.8s on census. 

Edited by williamblood

56 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

my max was 19,900 in tonights auction on clink for the uf 4 9.8 var... ughghggh , it finished at 20,150, congrats to the winner....... looks like I'm hanging on to the secret wars 8 9.9 

one sold on ebay for like 13k few day back. just keep an eye out, might land a deal

Just now, williamblood said:

one sold on ebay for like 13k few day back. just keep an eye out, might land a deal

true,, good for ComicLink for setting about 1000 record sale prices on books this week though. It was definitely exciting to watch all these auctions go off. I put up a thread on the selling forum soliciting a potential trade for my secret wars 9.9 ++...

1 minute ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

true,, good for ComicLink for setting about 1000 record sale prices on books this week though. It was definitely exciting to watch all these auctions go off. I put up a thread on the selling forum soliciting a potential trade for my secret wars 9.9 ++...

Your 9.9 is damn cool, but I agree that long term Miles will outperform and unfortunately I think this auction results will definitely raise the ask for this book especially on eBay since those books on there are overpriced to begin with...

2 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

You know I want to say these prices are currently inflated due to Covid, but
honestly I cant tell anymore. I am starting to really think this might be the norm
which is fine with me I have never had sales like this past year.

Yeah, strike while the iron's hot, as they say. It's tougher, though, when you're primarily a collector. I use to try and play the flip game a little bit but, lately, I've mostly wanted to buy comics to keep. Even ones I specifically got to re-sell have been harder to let go (here's not looking at you, X-Force 1 w/'rookie' Deadpool card). But it's tough to keep sometimes when a book in your collection has tripled overnight. It's even harder to acquire a book not in your collection that has tripled overnight. What a weird time to be involved in this hobby. And the card market is even crazier.

1 minute ago, bb8 said:

Yeah, strike while the iron's hot, as they say. It's tougher, though, when you're primarily a collector. I use to try and play the flip game a little bit but, lately, I've mostly wanted to buy comics to keep. Even ones I specifically got to re-sell have been harder to let go (here's not looking at you, X-Force 1 w/'rookie' Deadpool card). But it's tough to keep sometimes when a book in your collection has tripled overnight. It's even harder to acquire a book not in your collection that has tripled overnight. What a weird time to be involved in this hobby. And the card market is even crazier.

Yes I sold off several basketball cards I had as a teenager recently. I couldn't believe some of the prices I got for those
cards.

The end of the summer will tell us for sure if its here to stay. I have stocked up on inventory all winter long just in case it
does.

7 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes I sold off several basketball cards I had as a teenager recently. I couldn't believe some of the prices I got for those
cards.

The end of the summer will tell us for sure if its here to stay. I have stocked up on inventory all winter long just in case it
does.

Maybe not. The House just passed a 1.9 trillion dollar stimulus package which may fuel this further. People are literally making fortunes in the card market. Talen Horton-Tucker rookie cards were going for over $500 after he had a couple good preseason games. Preseason! Unopen Topps boxes from the late eighties and early nineties are going for crazy money, too, which were printed and then stored in droves. Collectors shunned those eras like the plague until recently. What is even going on here? It's a gold rush on a pretty large scale.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:09 PM, Ryanfromottawa said:

Hey,

With the close of last nights ComicLink auction of $13250 on a secret wars 9.9 ....... I was curious to find out what people would rather have between that and an Ultimate Fallout 4 variant 9.8? (I'm considering swapping my Secret wars for the fallout now that values are close)

Did you ever score your copy?  I saw the post was removed. 

image.thumb.png.3a9bb34dc330a6db3d9775f895220f07.png

On 2/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, carter3175 said:

Did you ever score your copy?  I saw the post was removed. 

image.thumb.png.3a9bb34dc330a6db3d9775f895220f07.png

hey, sorry was away this weekend, no I haven't picked one up yet, I even called clink to talk to them about the book. never heard back from them