• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best forum for selling

2 posts in this topic

Given the recent amount of negative publicity associated with eBay scams on this board, I thought it would be good to start a new string where users exchanged thoughts on the best place to sell - where have you realized the best sales prices for your comics, and what have been your negative experiences, either through an auction format (Hakes, Pedigree, etc), consigned (Metropolis, etc.), through the marketplace section on this board, or otherwise.

eBay obviously is great in concept - low fees, wide audience. And where books are CGC rated, maybe it still is the best vehicle for selling. And yet with the widespread existence of fakes, reprints and 'stolen' pictures, problems persist.

What are your experiences?

What would you do differently if you could do it again?

On ebay these days, I think you just need to know who you're buying from. I put up a small number of books a half dozen times a year and it often the same people who bid or buy. The same when I bid. The days of picking great finds off of ebay are few and farther between.