• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman 2nd printings

4 posts in this topic

Please look at the listings for the 2nd print of Superman (1987 series) 7 and 9 from the Atomic Avenue link shown below.  I know the 2nd printing of Superman 7 exists, but I don't think the 2nd printing of Superman 9 exists (my 2nd printing of Superman 7 came from the Superman Ultimate DVD Collection that was packaged in a silver colored tin box.  I'm thinking there might have been a typographical error that caused someone to list a 2nd print of Superman 9.

Does anyone know the basis for why someone listed a 2nd printing of Superman 9?   If yes, I would love to hear about it.

Just checked all the DVD copies I had handy (about 5 or 6).  My copy of that cover listed as #7, is #7, in the incidecia and per the Rampage story.  All my others were Man of Steel #1 on the inside.  Only other thing to report is that one of the MoS #1's was a double cover!

Just looking at the listings on Atomic Ave, they are missing a few of the 19-21 and 23-25 2nd and 3rd prints, wIth one cover image missing.  I remember those, as the 2nd prints were dastardly to find.

28 minutes ago, kenaran said:

Just checked all the DVD copies I had handy (about 5 or 6).  My copy of that cover listed as #7, is #7, in the incidecia and per the Rampage story.  All my others were Man of Steel #1 on the inside.  Only other thing to report is that one of the MoS #1's was a double cover!

Just looking at the listings on Atomic Ave, they are missing a few of the 19-21 and 23-25 2nd and 3rd prints, wIth one cover image missing.  I remember those, as the 2nd prints were dastardly to find.

Thanks.   And yes, some of those Man of Steel DVD variants were very hard to find (I've got all of the 8 known ones) , as were some of those Superman 19-21 and 23-25 2nd and 3rd printings.  Thanks for checking @kenaran!

I'm impressed that @mycomicshop has photos of all 8 of those Man of Steel DVD variants at the following link:

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=24400241