• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How DC Cinematic Universe can compete with the Marvel Cinematic Universe

4 posts in this topic

Why does there have to be a competition? Just two products like a PC and Mac that will always be around. Marvel is obviously making more money because their formula is solid aimed at younger audiences. Young kids mean parents taking them. Even if the parents have no interest. More bodies. Then you have the target audience: teenagers. More bodies. And finally, the adult fans. Box office win. They will not change this formula and I don’t blame them. What ten-year-old boy is going to choose the The Dark Knight over The Avengers for a second viewing? Very few. So the fact it broke a billion really says something. The worst thing DC can do is try to emulate Marvel. They don’t even need a DCU. Give us more like The Dark Knight, Watchmen, Man of Steel and Joker.

13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

If the evil empire buys them as well.  

I don’t see that happening. But I wouldn't care if they did. The DC brand would then focus on younger audiences and that’s a good thing. Kids need Superman and Batman more than me. I still got to see Superman snap a neck!

30E65706-A688-4D50-B523-4A99101E6758.jpeg

Edited by Oddball