• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I know whether to submit grading tier at Economy or Standard? OR Economy, Standard or Express - examples in post

3 posts in this topic

Hi,  I will be submitting a stack of comics, but not sure how to chose the best grading tiers.  I've been using GoCollect for a price guide.

Here are two examples:

Amazing Spiderman 194,  9.2 is $325, 9.4 is $450.  $200-$400 is Economy, $400-$1,000 is Standard.  I think it's close to 9.2 /9.4, but don't know what grade it will come back or not. How do I price it?

Amazing Spiderman 238. I think I have a great copy, but don't know what it will come in as:  9.4 $400, 9.6 $550, 9.8 $2,000- those are 3 different tiers. How will the pricing work on this?

What should I use for valuations?  GoCollect?  Something else?

Thanks,

• Administrator

Good afternoon,

The value we ask you for is an insurance value, a number you would feel comfortable with in terms of a replacement value if your book was lost or damaged while with us. We do encourage you to be conservative as we do not reimburse you if you over-value your book. In the event that your book was grossly under-valued, we would contact you to bump the insurance coverage.  The value you list for your book will determine the tier it qualifies for.  Each tier has a maximum value amount.  This is the maximum you can list per book to qualify for that tier.  If you exceed that amount, then you have to go up to the next tier.  

We can't advise you which tier to select.  That would depend completely on the value you list for your book.

Thanks!