• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I find a reliable Comic Book Presser?
3 3

44 posts in this topic

Finding a good reliable presser you can trust is generally "easy" unfortunately they are booked out for six plus months usually (because they are both good and trustworthy). As a SS guy sometimes I have to skip pressing as the artist only has 1-to-2 appearances a year (only does remarks once every two years), is in their 70's (so time is a factor), and the book in question has only come to market in the last couple of weeks.

I don't have any helpful information I just wanted to complain.:devil:

On 3/2/2021 at 6:33 PM, comicquant said:

Mike de challis of hero restoration is out of Lebanon Oregon.  He’s one of the best pressers there is (with the exception of @joeypost, who most of us use) and the service is great.  

https://www.herorestorationcomics.com

Well, this one didn't age well...

On 7/16/2024 at 10:44 PM, DougC said:

I think advertising your services would work better if you added a "c" to beach lol

Also the recommendation for hero restoration on the third post is heartbreaking given what we now know.

LOL.  Excellent point!  Thanks!  

PalmBeachPresser

On 8/3/2024 at 11:57 PM, jmg3637 said:

I just submitted 40 books for the CGC   July grading and pressing sale.  I really could have used someone else judgements on which books would benefit, and how much prior a press.  

I offer an optional prescreen service that includes estimated current grades, listing of defects, and potential final grade if cleaned & pressed for $2.50/book. The customer then advises which books to proceed with servicing, and which to return (or send directly to CGC without pressing).  Additionally, I provide an estimated grade for every book that I press included in the pressing fee.  This gives the customer the opportunity to make the final decision on if each book is worthy of sending for grading.  Find out more at https://PalmBeachPresser.com