• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Facsimile New Mutants 98 48 bids $140
1 1

45 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, dylanthekid said:

I find people who sell these morally reprehensible but if they want to buy with me I have no problem. If you think this is bad see the Michael Jordan Rookies being made in Mexico and China by the tens of thousands and being sold on ebay as "reprints" oh I found it at a garage sale bla bla bla, yeah right. Just bad for the hobby all around

Does every post you make have to pimp your sales?

I have some old Mylars and mylites that some crumbly  nice very very  low grade later golden age Batmans used to be in for a few years. Are they worth anything? There are some various comic crumbs still in the bottom that could fill up a thimble or two. Any takers? Honest the mylars are nice, real nice. 

Beer as payment gladly accepted as well as pizza and sushi. Or tacos 🌮 mmmm...tacos...

27 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:

And ebay should do something about this.  

What should they do? Force buyers to become literate? Make them get eye surgery or better glasses?

While the listing that spawned this thread is definitely not perfect, it does make it perfectly clear what is being offered.

13 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

What should they do? Force buyers to become literate? Make them get eye surgery or better glasses?

While the listing that spawned this thread is definitely not perfect, it does make it perfectly clear what is being offered.

It should be in the title, but you’re absolutely right.  I can see some new spec skipping the description, but are they really getting into bidding wars without looking at the pictures?:insane:

16EB1127-5B9B-4FFD-9155-1920F6F43F57.jpeg

This is the description. 

New Mutants 98 First Appearance Of Deadpool! NM Unread! 🔥Hot🔥 New movie coming. Shipped with USPS Priority!

This is the rare, out of print facsimile of the first appearance of Deadpool. The comic is bagged and boarded in mylar with a fullback backing board in like new unread condition! Please see photos! Item is sold as is. Thank you for looking!

I cant understand why people buy or bid on comic without reading the description or looking at the pictures. Even if this person cant read the picture tells you everything you need to know.

13 hours ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

It should be in the title, but you’re absolutely right.  I can see some new spec skipping the description, but are they really getting into bidding wars without looking at the pictures?:insane:

16EB1127-5B9B-4FFD-9155-1920F6F43F57.jpeg

Someone who doesn’t know the difference will think the UPC code means it’s a htf newsstand variant

48 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

Looks like the seller sold another copy of the same book for $5 bucks. If you look at the FB numbers of the buyers you see a seasoned comic collector and a newbie fresh off the bandwagon.

deadpool1.JPG

Except that 4 people were above $100 on the last auction.

I mean.  I personally think he earned that negative feedback.  And the buyer earned a $100 lesson to look more carefully.  Solid transaction.

Of course, it's the buyer's fault.  But the seller could have have stepped in to take the high road.  As primarily an eBay seller, I have sent people messages several times in the past like 'You realize that ______" when I knew they were misunderstanding something, even though I had made it very clear.  Like one time when a raw looked good on the front but had a big stain on the back and it was going for prices at or beyond what it would get without the stain.  Sure enough, they hadn't looked at the picture of the back before bidding it up.  Yes, I had pictures.  Yes, I did not offer a grade.  Yes, I expressly said to look at the pictures before bidding.  Buyer beware, yadda yadda.  Whatever. 

This guy knew he had [silly persons] bidding $100+ on something with tons of BINs at $5-$10.  He knew he'd get a return or a negative feedback and decided it was worth the $100.  Lot of businesses make similar choices, but I don't respect it. 

Edited by Poekaymon