• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nobody likes Buster Brown : (

6 posts in this topic

no way brotha. should that stat be anywhere near that price. i suspect that this peice is one on the many stats that the syndicate, sends to papers all over the country that printed the strip.

not sure how they do it now. but in the past local papers would get a weeks worth of strips from the syndicate to print.

a buddy of mine worked for the detriot news and and every few years they would toss out for trash stacks of the comic stats. and he would grab a few.

i had chances to buy tons. i only bought a few star hawks daily.s by gil kane. cause they looked really cool . i did not think the stuff would have much value. every city paper in the us gets these if they publish a comic section. some get certain strips that others. but never the less it still a lot of stats.

newer stats were printed in the news paper format size. while iam sure the stats from the teens and 20,s to maybe the 30.s were exact size of the art. i have seen stats of prince valiant that were full size . so. i think the person just mounted the stats to a heavy board. framed they looked pretty close to the original.s news.gif larry ;]