• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eniac #1 First Print

11 posts in this topic

Note there is almost certainly a discrepancy between sales and print run, although that might be the best number publicly available 

On 3/8/2021 at 8:52 PM, HairChef said:

Does anyone know the print run yet of Eniac 1 first printing

image.jpg

I have been working on this forever! I know they had 154 lcs for sure for first wave! They said in a interview they got up to 200 stores so did they make the first wave of shipments? They also said they had to cut orders by 51%! People were complaining they didn't get a copy and they were on the pull list Bad Idea apologized and said that the people would get a copy but not a first print! Why Bad Idea is not telling us the print run is beyond me! But extremely low print run that for sure I can guess and say less than 5,000 my assumption is low of 2,500

12 minutes ago, kokid said:

I have been working on this forever! I know they had 154 lcs for sure for first wave! They said in a interview they got up to 200 stores so did they make the first wave of shipments? They also said they had to cut orders by 51%! People were complaining they didn't get a copy and they were on the pull list Bad Idea apologized and said that the people would get a copy but not a first print! Why Bad Idea is not telling us the print run is beyond me! But extremely low print run that for sure I can guess and say less than 5,000 my assumption is low of 2,500

I’m not familiar with this company or this specific issue? Do they normally release the print run? Was this a limited special variant with a specifically named print run?

because typically comic companies don’t release the print run unless it’s a special print run.  What do they have to gain?

On 3/10/2021 at 9:23 AM, kokid said:

I read an article that said they only fulfilled 51% of the order for all stores and the remaining order was substituted with the NOT FIRST PRINTs, this correct?  If so, wouldn't that make the NOT FIRST PRINTs rarer that the FIRST PRINTS?  If this is correct its amazing how one print is much more valuable than the other when they each have almost the same number of prints.  R people just not getting it?

2 hours ago, juniorMC said:

I read an article that said they only fulfilled 51% of the order for all stores and the remaining order was substituted with the NOT FIRST PRINTs, this correct?  If so, wouldn't that make the NOT FIRST PRINTs rarer that the FIRST PRINTS?  If this is correct its amazing how one print is much more valuable than the other when they each have almost the same number of prints.  R people just not getting it?

1. That would only be for the initial order, which was messed up by Bad Joke Idea

2. How long will NOT FIRST PRINTS be available for stores to (re)order?

I think the idea is that NOT FIRST PRINTS will always be available. A NOT FIRST PRINT printed two years from now will be identical to a NOT FIRST PRINT from day one.   

I think its a bad strategy but time will tell.

On 3/10/2021 at 7:40 AM, revat said:

I’m not familiar with this company or this specific issue? Do they normally release the print run? Was this a limited special variant with a specifically named print run?

because typically comic companies don’t release the print run unless it’s a special print run.  What do they have to gain?

They have an unconventional marketing strategy that can't be easily explained.  As best I can tell it is more about creating hype than anything else. 

On 3/9/2021 at 3:05 PM, revat said:

Note there is almost certainly a discrepancy between sales and print run, although that might be the best number publicly available 

We can speculate all we want! Some stores only got 15 comics! Let's say they had 200 stores that ordered 50 first prints that's 10,000 they had to cut orders by 51% so that's means less than 5,000 issues! If I had to guess I would say 4,000 or less issues hit the stores!