• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

**CLOSED** Small Stack of Silver Adventure Comics (271, 275, 282, more) LAST CALL Price Reductions! **CLOSED**

13 posts in this topic

RULES:

PayPal is easiest, but I'll take a check or MO if that's what you want.

US shipping is included, and will be USPS 1st Class. If you want something else, you will pay the difference. I will ship outside the US. I'm not trying to make any money on shipping, so I am happy to work with you, but 100% of the cost will be on you.

I'll accept returns, but shipping is on the buyer unless I made an error in the listing.

First “I’ll take it” in the thread wins, and those would trump any ongoing PM negotiations.

No buyers from the bad lists.

Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by elibowman

I got a small stack Of Adventure Comics not too long ago. I have enjoyed them, but they don't really fit with what I collect, so hoping to find them good homes here. They all have matching faint staining (moisture) at the top right front corners. Most books have impact to the back covers too. Impact to the pages varies from book to book (some are impossible to notice on the pages). None are brittle from this, nor is there any waviness. The first book is one of the more apparent ones.

Adventure Comics 257, 1959, 2.5 (maybe 3.0).

Cover pulling at the staples, and minor tears, but still attached. Edge wear (especially at the top due to how the cover has pulled that direction), and staining visible in the scans. Interior pages have very faint staining noticeable on some pages, and I am not sure I would have noticed it on the pages without having seen the covers. I can provide a pic or two if needed. Also a tiny bit of discoloration/rust on the top staple...no migration. Ad for Flash 105. 

$20  **NOW $15**

257 Front.jpg

257 Back.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventure Comics 271, Luthor Origin and 1st use of "Lex", 1960, 3.5 or 4.0. 3/4" tear bottom edge, bit of spine roll, CF loose at bottom staple. Staining not obvious from front but you can see it on interior of cover. This is maybe the least stained of the lot...just a tiny corner stain on the back. Staining not really visible at all on the interior. Staples have a tiny bit of rust. 

$45   **NOW $35**

271 Front.jpg

271 Rear.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventure Comics 275, "1st" Superman/Batman team up, 1960, 3.5. Top staple pulled through at front cover, small split at the top, Staining is a bit more evident on this color, and you can barely make it out on a couple of the interior pages (very faint). Some tiny discoloration on top staple.

$30   **NOW $25**

275 Front.jpg

275 Rear.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventure Comics 282, 1961, 5th Legion App, 1st Starboy, 4.0...maybe 4.5?. Bit of spine roll, staples look clean, some light and general wear. Staining is obvious on this color, and faint but visible on interior pages. Still no brittleness or waviness. Without the staining, this one could definitely go higher. Overstreet says "minor to moderate staining" is potentially ok at 5.0. I don't know. Seems pretty solid for a 4.0. I might lean more to the 4.5, but you have to decide for yourself on the staining.

$50   **NOW $40**

282 Front.jpg

282 Rear.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventure Comics 311, 1963 (the month before X-Men 1 and Avengers 1 :whatthe:), 4.5. Bottom edge got crunched/bent at some point. This should correct over time with being stored properly. Spine wear, some corner creases. All should be visible in the pics. So, I said 271 might be the least stained, but I was wrong. THIS is the least stained book of the bunch. I can only find evidence of the staining on the interior of the front cover (can't see it on the exterior with the black cover), and it's a tiny triangle (less than 1/2"). No evidence on the pages or back cover. 

$12  **NOW $10**

311 Front.jpg

311 Rear.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventure Comics 312, 1963 (same month as X-Men 1 and Avengers 1 :whatthe:), 5.5, but looks way nicer. Black cover, has very minimal wear, with some spine ticks and a crease at top right. The interior of the cover shows the same staining as the other books, but you can't see it from the front because of the black. A couple of the interior pages have the slightest hint of the staining, but you really have to look for it. Back cover shows the staining, and some foxing along left edge. Staples have discoloration. 

$20  **NOW $15**

312 Front.jpg

312 Rear.jpg

Edited by elibowman

Adventure Comics 337, 1965, Swan cover, Chlorophyl Kid app, 5.0. Looks pretty sharp from the front. There is some wear to right edge. But this is way more obvious from the back. Crunch to the left edge of the back (actually looks better in the scan as it was flattened out), and some foxing. Spine is pretty good, but the staples have some discoloration. There is some very minor staining, but you can only really see it from the interior of each cover. 

$13  **NOW $10**

337 Front.jpg

337 Rear.jpg

Edited by elibowman