• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #361, trimmed or not?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Recently noticed a difference on a couple of ASM #361s, theres a white patch on some issues on the lower right front cover, at first I thought it was a chip on an issue I bought. Then I was looking at another issue without it and asked about trimming and restoration, they swear it hasn't had any. I looked up some slab pics and some are stabbed blue labels without the white patch and with it... so what's the deal??

Screenshot_20210310-081517_eBay.jpg

received_443661510234181.jpeg

Screenshot_20210310-081542_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20210310-081622_eBay.jpg

received_253759463050966.jpeg

Edited by HotKey

Look at the spine on the ones without it. You see a long black line running the height of the book that you don't see on the ones with the white bit. That's because a little of the back cover is wrapping onto the front. Extremely common with books with massive print runs. Compare the outer edge of the back cover on two examples as well. On the ones that you suspect trimming on, you should see a little *more* art than you see on the one you don't suspect trimming on. If still in doubt, just measure both books; they should be the same size