• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Daredevil Original Art Mazzucchelli (Pre Miller) JRJR, and Maleev Issue 57
1 1

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone!  I am reaching out to you as I am wondering if anyone might have a line 
on art that I would love to add to my collection. I am a huge Daredevil fan and I 
am trying to fill some gaps in my collection and have some representative pieces by 
artists who have had a large impact on the character. Just this month I added a Joe 
Quesada, Jimmy Palimiotti Guardian Devil page. 
What am I looking for? 
I am looking for a John Romita Jr. Daredevil panel page. Ideally a page where he is in costume and or unmasked. These are surprisingly harder to come by then I originally expected. I do not need it to be a Frank Miller Man Without Fear page, heck it doesn't even need to be from the Daredevil book directly, there is an issue of Wolverine where 
DD is a guest star and spends the entire issue unmasked that I would love to have a page from. If you have any thoughts or leads on how I might acquire a page like that I would greatly appreciate it. 

Where is the market on pages like that are at? I am just trying to get a sense of what a pages like this might cost? Looking through the data the prices are all over the place and not very recent. 

An example of a type of page I am looking for is something like this 

or

Additionally and this might be the harder ask is I am looking for a  David Mazzucchelli Daredevil page from before Frank Miller and he collaborated. Something along the lines 
or 

Finally I am looking for the art from Daredevil issue 57 from Bendis and Maleev’s run. It’s the issue where Matt is fighting 100 Yakuza in the rain, during the King of Hell’s Kitchen arc. I even went so far as having Alex Maleev recreate the cover. I know Alex did most of the issues with a digital/traditional hybrid and I would love an example from that issue. 

I realize these are not the most easy requests or ones that are inexpensive,
I have reached out to several collectors on CAF I am just trying to cover all my bases. 

Thanks again for your time. Any assistance would be really appreciated. 

All the best,

Matt