• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody know where it was published ?
1 1

4 posts in this topic

Sorry for the bad picture but that all I've got...

https://ibb.co/cD24g7D

I saw this in an store selling original art several years ago.
I took this picture with my phone, and seeing the art then I asked myself if it could have been done by John Buscema and Tom Palmer, or Palmer himself (seeing the zipatone maybe).
I stubbled upon the picture recently again, so it made me wonder again where this (70's or 80's ?) artwork could have been used and published.
I remember the art took all the board (around 10'' x 15'') without any text or indication, as if it was done for a comic filled with illustrations and text (like "The history of the DC universe", "The life story of the Flash" or even the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe)

Maybe somebody will recognize these characters. They don't look to be from Hydra or A.I.M. but...

Many thanks in advance.

On 3/21/2021 at 4:36 PM, Chaykin Stevens said:

If I was forced to guess, I'd go with someone like Mark Bagley for the penciller and maybe Bob McLeod or Armando Gil for the inker, but the picture is too blurry to say with much confidence.

Many thanks for the insight.

As you're talking about Bagley, I thought it could also be from Gil Kane (inked by someone else), but this kind of Buscema posture keeps coming and coming in my mind... I tried to dig into "My name is Savage" from Kane for example, with no luck.

What's frustrating is the fact that I remember to have seen this drawing somewhere, in a excerpt telling the world was a dangerous place with crimimal organizations like [...] operating secretly to destabilize the world, so super-heroes were a welcome help to keep the balance, but I can't remember it more clearly...

Even the costume of the spy guys doesn't ring a bell, as if they were from a random crimimal organization, displayed here just for the purpose of the point.

Edited by Ecclectica