• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pricing on complete Wally Wood story from an atom age EC title or MAD Magazine

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have a line on a bunch of Golden Age DC and Atom Age EC comics, along with a few miscellaneous original art pieces from EC comics and early MAD magazines. My LCS said that they could broker the deal if I am interested but do not know if the Wood story is from an actual EC comic or an issue of MAD. All they could tell me is the seller sold a Joe Orlando complete story earlier this year for $3,200, and they thought the Wood story is worth more. Does anyone know what the going rate is for complete EC or early MAD stories with Wood art? What about early MAD magazine pin-ups and splash pages?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Ryan

I would be interested in this story. If you have scans, a description, title, something then I can give you an idea of what it should go for. Basically, there is a huge range. A really nice Wood Aces High story just sold on Ebay for 5k, but some of his scifi stories could go for 15 to 20k. Just depends on the material. Dan Forman

There are two many variables to know a price on a piece sight unseen. I just bought a 1960 Mad Wood comic strip parody which is on my (Robert Plunkett) gallery at www.comicartfans.com for $550.00 including tax and shipping and there's some indication that I overpaid for it, but I'm a big fan of Wood and the golden age of Mad. There would probably be people who would say that getting a fully inked Wood of that size (23+" by 7+") and quality with a babe in every panel at that price is a bargain.

Honestly, I think you'll get a better price for the pages separately than for a whole story, though some people here will not only disagree but will declare such an idea sacreligious. I'm very interested in seeing what you have if it is from Mad or has a woman in it.