• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I press it?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am fairly new to the CGC grading. I sent in my first couple of books. I had one pressed and one not pressed. I sent in Marvel Collectable classics 1B the reprints of AMZ Sp 300. I watched a video on YouTube they said normally the chrome covers do not need pressing, they hold up a little better. I decided not to have the book pressed. The grade came back as a 9.2 white pages grader notes read: light spine stress lines to cover, multiple scratches on back cover. Should I of gotten the book pressed/cleaned would it of increased the grade even with the “light” spine stress and scratches? Should I resubmit the book for a better grade? Please give me your thoughts on this I would love to learn more about pressing and experience.

Pressing will not help to lessen any scratches present. “Light spine stress lines” certainly sound like a pressable defect, but it always helps to see the book (or flawed areas) in question.  As for resubbing, I think this depends on what your end goal is for the book(keep, sell, etc.), and how much you’ve already got tied into the book monetarily. 2c

50 minutes ago, joeypost said:

90% of the time anyone attempts to press books like these, they will ruin it. 

Agreed.  Chromium covers aren't very receptive to pressing.  They get cosmetic scratches easily, which make the decision not to press it that much easier. (thumbsu