• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC Grade this card as a misprint?
1 1

68 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Jeffro. said:

So you're saying that hand cutting cards is accepted and allowed within the hobby? Back when I was collecting sports cards it definitely wasn't kosher to do such things. Are you disclosing this to potential buyers? If it were a comic book that would be akin to trimming.

Even with baseball sheet cut cards has been questionable for a long time.

2 hours ago, SayNoToNFCs said:

Yes - an ebay search of "Miscut Pokemon" or "Square cut pokemon" will show plenty of sellers selling NFC cards as misprints.

This member causes constant issues in the Facebook group this card was posted in. Nobody really takes him seriously. I approached him about his secret account he made to bash me  here and he threatened to report me to Facebook for harassment if I ever contacted him again. He likes to stir up drama and then play the victim. He even reported one of my comments on here and got me a warning which is another clear indicator that it is him. Kind of sad really that he has nothing better to do with his time. 

1 hour ago, Lyle Freeland said:

This member causes constant issues in the Facebook group this card was posted in. Nobody really takes him seriously. I approached him about his secret account he made to bash me  here and he threatened to report me to Facebook for harassment if I ever contacted him again. He likes to stir up drama and then play the victim. He even reported one of my comments on here and got me a warning which is another clear indicator that it is him. Kind of sad really that he has nothing better to do with his time. 

What and who are you talking about? The only information I know about you is what you have posted on this website. I reported you for your open-ended threats against me.

A lot of Pokemon collectors hate the existence of NFC's due to fear of devaluing 'true' misprints/miscuts.

The difference that comes from Lyles perspective and the magic community, is there are a lot of people who try to build miscut/misprinted decks, and sometimes the only way to finish those are to have hand-made misprints (NFC's) cut off sheets to fill out your deck.  As for Pokemon and Lyle, I remember a point where the sheets were getting NFC'd so that Lyle could complete his original 151 Pokemon miscut, since at a certain point you run out of leads on misprint sources, and sheets were readily available up until a year and a half ago.

It is very frustrating to come from the Magic misprint community (And owning MTG NFC's) and enter the Pokemon misprint space, and see overlapping collectors get named and shamed due to tainting the Poke-collector community.  I hope this can get figured out at some point so it is not such a big issue, especially for those that are cutting sheets and not trying to lie to buyers and make it abundantly clear that they are not factory misprints.  NFC's have existed in Pokemon for a long time (almost any square cut base set holo for example) and only turned into a problem like now when sheets were getting cut as miscut cards instead of square cuts.