• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeing the Same Book in Multiple Stores
2 2

8 posts in this topic

When I got back into buying back issues (probably in the mid-2000s), I was going to multiple stores in Omaha, Council Bluffs, Des Moines, and Kansas City. I also went to several stores in Chicago when we passed though on vacation. 

At that time, I was buying back issues of the Atom. I may be exaggerating (slightly), but it seemed that this issue below was available for sale in every shop I visited. Atom #16 doesn't seem to be the type of book that would always be in stock, unlike Hulk #181, Giant-Size X-Men #1, and others.

Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Atom16.jpg.829108b18bdd567c7930f8957a0b413d.jpg

Edited by Math Teacher

Everybody who lives in Winnipeg, has ever lived in Winnipeg, or has even passed through Winnipeg at some point has at least one copy of this issue:

spjo105.jpg.db0f6b8cba3b33e04e9e3286eb2cb59b.jpg

And all the stores here have at least one available, even if they are relatively new and otherwise have only unsold copies from their new issue orders as back issues. Show dealers, too.

You may think this is an exaggeration, and you may be correct, but just barely.

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:

Everybody who lives in Winnipeg, has ever lived in Winnipeg, or has even passed through Winnipeg at some point has at least one copy of this issue:

And all the stores here have at least one available, even if they are relatively new and otherwise have only unsold copies from their new issue orders as back issues. Show dealers, too.

I've actually never seen that cover before in 40+ years of collecting.  

They must all be in Winnipeg.

On 3/19/2021 at 2:33 PM, Lazyboy said:

Hmmm...interesting. I have never noticed that.

On 3/19/2021 at 12:33 PM, Lazyboy said:

Winnipeg, the world of 1,000 Jimmy Olsen 105s