• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Supergirl #2 Question <SPOILER>

5 posts in this topic

Ok, just finished reading Supergirl #2 - fun issue btw. The end was very ominous, with Lex ticking off the various colored kryptonite in his armored fist (helped by the Calculator).

My question is, what are the effects of Black Kryptonite? Is this something new, or has it shown up in the DC Universe before? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

Supes is not my strong suit...but i don't think Black was mentioned prior to Kent's Creek...i mean...Smallville on WB last year....

and then...i don't remember what it did..i think it split Lex in two for the ep but don't recall if it had adverse effects on Clark.

In the episode I saw (Season 4, episode 1), it split Clark from his "Kal-El" persona (which was in control at the time) and allowed Clark to take over again.

Hmmm, interesting. So its from the TV show and not comics? Wonder if it has the same type effects...

Ok, just finished reading Supergirl #2 - fun issue btw. The end was very ominous, with Lex ticking off the various colored kryptonite in his armored fist (helped by the Calculator).

My question is, what are the effects of Black Kryptonite? Is this something new, or has it shown up in the DC Universe before? confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks! thumbsup2.gif

It was my understanding, based on the Smallville TV show, that Black Kryptonite will absord Kryptonian technology.

This is based on the effects shown from the TV show, wherein Clark's 'father' was in a comatose state in a

Smallville hospital, put there by the effect of an encounter with Kryptonian technology while trying to save Clark.

In effect it wiil "cancel" all those that have been in contact with or effected by Kryptonian technology, ie. Clark's

'father' is restored to normal health, the 'split' Clark's and Lex's are merged, and all effects of Kryptonian technology

are undone.