• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Question about color rub and how it might affect grading
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Hello,

I’m new to CGC and was thinking about submitting these two issues of Albedo #3 but not sure how the color rub might affect value. These are 2 different books. Not the same. 
Can anyone with some experience help advise me please? 
thanks in advance 

CAD92940-895C-4B0E-A6E5-EDEB7695FC6E.jpeg

7BA36DFC-1635-4F87-900E-07FE11BB2738.jpeg

Lately, CGC has been harsher on color rub compared to previous years. A lot of the modern books are made with such poor printing materials, that brand new books have color loss that occurs in regular shipping. 

Hie much of a ding is the unknown. 

Edited by joeypost

On 3/20/2021 at 8:06 AM, joeypost said:

Lately, CGC has been harsher on color rub compared to previous years. A lot of the modern books are made with such poor printing materials, that brand new books have color loss that occurs in regular shipping. 

Any Modern I've sent in to be graded with even a microscopic print rub has always come back 9.6.  The worst for print rubs are books with a black background on the back cover.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:45 PM, PeterVComic said:

Hello,

I’m new to CGC and was thinking about submitting these two issues of Albedo #3 but not sure how the color rub might affect value. These are 2 different books. Not the same. 
Can anyone with some experience help advise me please? 
thanks in advance 

CAD92940-895C-4B0E-A6E5-EDEB7695FC6E.jpeg

7BA36DFC-1635-4F87-900E-07FE11BB2738.jpeg

That's rough. Could still get 9.0 or higher though, I think.

On 3/20/2021 at 9:06 AM, joeypost said:

Thank you 

On 3/22/2021 at 12:45 PM, workingdog said:

Any Modern I've sent in to be graded with even a microscopic print rub has always come back 9.6.  The worst for print rubs are books with a black background on the back cover.

Thank you