• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Batman 42
3 3

16 posts in this topic

I love this cover, but it's detached and 60% of the back is missing. Cover is not split. If I recall, GA books with a detached cover can still grade as high as 3.0 (or they have in the past). I'll probably have it pressed, cleaned and slabbed because it presents so well regardless of the lowly number on the label or the dreaded NG.

IMG_7764.jpeg

IMG_7768.jpeg

IMG_7766.jpeg

IMG_7767.jpeg

Edited by MatterEaterLad

I have to wonder why one would want to press, clean and slab a book in this condition. It won't help one single bit. Waste of money, IMO. The pages are nice, though. I might spend the same amount of money trying to find a decent cover and marry it to this book. As long as you aren't concerned about grade anyway.

28 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

your avatar is freaking me out...

Pudding is my uninhibited and heavily repressed alter ego... she brings just the right amount of psycho and has her own chain-gun. :insane:

Edited by MPH1964
Overzealous PC edit

21 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

I have to wonder why one would want to press, clean and slab a book in this condition. It won't help one single bit. Waste of money, IMO. The pages are nice, though. I might spend the same amount of money trying to find a decent cover and marry it to this book. As long as you aren't concerned about grade anyway.

Honestly, it's just an OCD thing. 

I've looked around for a back cover but it's not a comic that's readily had. Though I suppose there's a possibility of finding the back page of a contemporaneous book with the same ads on the outside and inside back cover and marrying the two.

22 minutes ago, DR.X said:

I was not aware a book with a detached cover can go over 2.0. I would not touch that book with a press. For what??

I have a degree in design with a touch of OCD. If I keep the book, the crinkles in the red would drive me nuts. For me, comics like this are like classic cars, I enjoy tinkering with them.