• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poly Bag Crease

4 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

Friend of mine is looking to sell some comics. He has some nice books including Static #1 and he was bragging about it still being in the polybag. He wants to get em graded, but I think the poly bag left that dreaded crease. Anyone know if those press out well?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, Devin Colman said:

Hey everyone,

Friend of mine is looking to sell some comics. He has some nice books including Static #1 and he was bragging about it still being in the polybag. He wants to get em graded, but I think the poly bag left that dreaded crease. Anyone know if those press out well?

Thanks

They should press out, depending on the severity.  Also gotta watch out for ink rubs from the bag, and color-breaking spine creases. (thumbsu

15 hours ago, Devin Colman said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks

All depends on the severity. In some instances the seal from the bag acts like a saw blade and eats into the cover stock leaving vertical lines dug into the paper. Those are grade killers.

The regular indents left by the polybag will press out nicely, if the person pressing knows what they are doing.