• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver Age Batman Thread
4 4

467 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Why would Neal Adams be drawing on and signing a book that he had nothing to do with?

I was waiting on someone here to respond before I explained what happened. So I took this book to a show in the Dallas area to send in to be graded. There was a CGC facilitator there instead of an official CGC table. It was meant to just get a Universal blue label. Neal Adams was at the show and the book was accidentally put in the wrong stack after I gave them the book. When I received the book back, it had been signed by Adams(not sketched on yet). I under-insured the book( thought it might be a 5.5-6.0) so I couldn't get the book replaced with another 7.0 Blue label. I contacted the facilitator and he came up with the idea of having a sketch by Neal to tie in the signature on the book. It was my idea to do a Mr Freeze in the white corner. I think it turned out the best it could given the circumstances. I didn't want to end up with a 4.5-5.0 blue label instead. Sorry for the long winded explanation.

40 minutes ago, john72tex said:

I was waiting on someone here to respond before I explained what happened. So I took this book to a show in the Dallas area to send in to be graded. There was a CGC facilitator there instead of an official CGC table. It was meant to just get a Universal blue label. Neal Adams was at the show and the book was accidentally put in the wrong stack after I gave them the book. When I received the book back, it had been signed by Adams(not sketched on yet). I under-insured the book( thought it might be a 5.5-6.0) so I couldn't get the book replaced with another 7.0 Blue label. I contacted the facilitator and he came up with the idea of having a sketch by Neal to tie in the signature on the book. It was my idea to do a Mr Freeze in the white corner. I think it turned out the best it could given the circumstances. I didn't want to end up with a 4.5-5.0 blue label instead. Sorry for the long winded explanation.

Yeah...in for a penny in for a pound as they say...

1 hour ago, john72tex said:

Seems like as good a fix as you could get under the circumstances.  I do like the sketch!