• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fun times at the UPS Store
1 1

52 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, batman_fan said:

So I win a model kit from Hakes which they shipped UPS.  No one home so they leave a note that they couldn't deliver because it requires a signature.  Fine, makes perfect sense but then I get an email telling me my package is being delivered to an Auto Parts store and they will email me when it is ready to pick up.  I get my email  and no kidding, go to an Auto Parts store to get my package.  Very bizarre.

I have had packages dropped off at our local Advance Auto Parts. It is a UPS pick up/drop off point. Strange thing is, I keep a box at our local UPS store for delveries. The UPS Store is literally across the street from the Advance Auto Parts. Still, I had a delivery at Advance because they couldn't find the address.

11 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Same kind of garbage I put up with when I go into a Subway sandwich shop.

Them:  What can I get for you?

Me:  I'd like a Foot Long on White Steak & Cheese with Pepperjack

Them:  What kind of bread?

Me: White.

Them: Foot Long?

Me:..............Yes.

Them:  What kind of meat would you like?

Me:.........Sigh......I said Steak

Them:  Would you like cheese on it?

Me:.........Y.....E.....S

Them:  What kind?

Me:  I SAID A FOOT LONG ON WHITE STEAK & CHEESE WITH PEPPERJACK WHEN I WALKED IN ! ! !

I think next time I'm just going to walk out......although I have a feeling that's what they'd prefer most people would do.

I will only say that a lot of the people working these kinds of jobs, at least where I live, have very limited English.  They are given a -script of what to say at each juncture and have memorized stuff in response to that, but if you go out of order, or combine everything into a single sentence, they often don't understand. 

12 hours ago, JazzMan said:

Why don't you open an online account and print it all at home.  You can still drop it off at the UPS store or have it picked up at your house. It doesn't cost anything and saves you the hassle of dealing with undesirable situations.

I don't think the three major shippers let you insure that high on your own. I think the limit for FedEx is $5,000 online and any higher you have to go in person. Something similar with UPS. 

Next time politely ask for his name and say that you've never had problems  such as getting asked for a certificate of authenticity and will talk to corporate.

Usually if there is any sign of accountability, the insufficiently_thoughtful_person will back off. 

However,  he may throw your package in the trash so it's rolling the dice. 

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

So what I'm gleaming from this conversation is that only use USPS.

Use registered mail. 

Get your own insurance

This is what I have determined reading the last few threads about shipping and CIS. 

How does UPS get away with charging someone a lot more for insurance and then not pay? I have heard this was the case for awhile now but I can't seem to get over the fact they are collecting money for a service and then not provide the service.  What excuse are they giving?  Maybe someone should sue them over it, if you can afford to go up against their battery of lawyers.

5 minutes ago, CatskillMike said:

How does UPS get away with charging someone a lot more for insurance and then not pay? I have heard this was the case for awhile now but I can't seem to get over the fact they are collecting money for a service and then not provide the service.  What excuse are they giving?  Maybe someone should sue them over it, if you can afford to go up against their battery of lawyers.

That's my question too.

I've got a good working relationship with my mail carrier.  I take care of everything online for shipping (through PayPal), then hand them my shipments.  Haven't had a problem...yet.  (thumbsu

4 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

So what I'm gleaming from this conversation is that only use USPS.

Use registered mail. 

Get your own insurance

What I'm gleaning from this conversation is that people are spending entirely too much time and energy at Subway. 

7 hours ago, Poekaymon said:

I will only say that a lot of the people working these kinds of jobs, at least where I live, have very limited English.  They are given a --script of what to say at each juncture and have memorized stuff in response to that, but if you go out of order, or combine everything into a single sentence, they often don't understand. 

Negative on that here.....at least at the Subway shops I go to.  All appear to be born and raised in the U.S.A and just not giving a *****.  

They're just going through the motions and not really listening or paying attention, since that would require more effort.