• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which cards are we grading and why?
1 1

45 posts in this topic

On 3/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, The Nameless One said:

There isn't what I would consider to be a good one, pricing is all over the place because you got raw prices mixed with whatever slabs are going for. Lots of math, and website tabs, required at this point. Hard to be exact. Squeaks Game World just released a video on the potential "bubble" of the pokemon market and how he gauges buyer and seller interest with google search statistics. That tells me we have a lot of work to do in order to flesh out this market, technology-wise. We reached an unprecedented peak of interest in pokemon cards so I imagine we're going to see a lot of development in the near future.

Personally, my mind is shifting away from this whole selling mess and thinking more trading card for card. There is an established pokemon card forum, pokebeach, which I plan on diving into when my cards return. Ebay is a bit... cold

Your hobby is fairly young and is still maturing and growing.  It's an exciting time.  The GPA I mentioned for comics only records sales of graded books and ignores ungraded sales.  

Here's GPA.  There are other sites with comic sales info and of course ebay searches can help along with other auction site sales like Heritage auctions and comiclink.

https://comics.gpanalysis.com/

7 hours ago, The Nameless One said:

Because I'm a greedy goblin and played a tight margin. I mean, no one touched my bid for two days so I thought I had it covered. I feel like if someone bids at the last second there should be a function which increases the bid time by 20 seconds or whatever. I'm willing to fight but when it comes to raising the bar early it's hard to gauge what exactly I'm willing to pay, especially when I could walk away with a lower price. I'd rather walk the price up as opposed to throw a hail mary in a business transaction, and that's not to say I don't get sniped at the last second regardless. There's no gauge of who wants it more, it seems predicated on luck

How you feel about bidding won't help.  A  lot of people bid at the last minute to hide their interest, avoid being shilled by the seller, and to give competing bidders a chance to raise their bid.  I'd suggest you use one of the free online sniping tools.  Be the sniper not the snipee

1 minute ago, thehumantorch said:

How you feel about bidding won't help.  A  lot of people bid at the last minute to hide their interest, avoid being shilled by the seller, and to give competing bidders a chance to raise their bid.  I'd suggest you use one of the free online sniping tools.  Be the sniper not the snipee

Hackermannnnn, load up my VPN and sneak into the dark webs to secure my elite pokerman software so I can enter the cutthroat world of Ebay bidding, awesome

hackers-the-plague-1.gif.0a0a96101c8d24adc445f0fb28122c5b.gif

10 minutes ago, The Nameless One said:

Hackermannnnn, load up my VPN and sneak into the dark webs to secure my elite pokerman software so I can enter the cutthroat world of Ebay bidding, awesome

hackers-the-plague-1.gif.0a0a96101c8d24adc445f0fb28122c5b.gif

Or you sign up for one of the free online sites, look at a few banner ads and leave the dark webs for the dirty spiders....