• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did you guys see how high the Weird War Tales #64 CGC 9.4 went?

21 posts in this topic

I was the one that bought it.I usually dont go all out like that but for some reason i really wanted it...i Personally think its undervalued(o.s price)being Miller's first dc work as well as there being only 2 at 9.4 and none higher.i will put a big scan of it up when i get it

Congrats, Jake. I was really tempted to bid on that one, despite the fact that I'm on a buying hiatus for the next year or so and despite the fact that I've got a nice raw copy. If I'd been bidding, my max probably would have been around $225. I think a 9.6 could go for $400 though, if one turned up.

Nice… I bought a raw copy at Philly for $10 or so and CGC graded it 9.4.

I'm still looking for 68 and a better JC 18. I have a CGC 9.4 of that as well.

That's about 2 of the 10 or so 9.4's I have.

Bruce's first statement is exactly why I passed on this one.

Nice… I bought a raw copy at Philly for $10 or so and CGC graded it 9.4.

I'm still looking for 68 and a better JC 18. I have a CGC 9.4 of that as well.

That's about 2 of the 10 or so 9.4's I have.

Bruce's first statement is exactly why I passed on this one.

I paid $10 for mine as well. confused-smiley-013.gif You think it's worth slabbing? Take a look if you have a minute...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...ge=0#Post940711

27_laughing.gif That is a great cover. Who WOULD defy the Primate Platoon?

It's really amazing, isn't it? The way DC would throw gorillas in so many books. I know that for some reason putting an ape on the cover generated more sales, can't really figure out why though. I mean geez, what was it about damn gorillas in the 70s? Whatever it was, DC sure took advantage of the trend. crazy.gif

27_laughing.gif That is a great cover. Who WOULD defy the Primate Platoon?

It's really amazing, isn't it? The way DC would throw gorillas in so many books. I know that for some reason putting an ape on the cover generated more sales, can't really figure out why though. I mean geez, what was it about damn gorillas in the 70s? Whatever it was, DC sure took advantage of the trend. crazy.gif

gossip.gif It's not just the 70s. DC has had numerous gorilla covers since the 1950s.

704_4_008.jpg

Nice job Norrin! That's the cover that supposedly started it all, according to an anecdote in CBM. Schwartz told Gary Carter that they couldn't figure out why #8 sold like crazy and they finally decided it was the intelligent ape and their further experiments bore it out.

Gorilla Grodd has to be one of the coolest things about the Flash...

gossip.gif It's not just the 70s. DC has had numerous gorilla covers since the 1950s.

704_4_008.jpg

I bought it to add to my personal collection and the book probably wont be seen again till i am old and gray....i am 23 now..lol...I like to collect the best and if the best are too pricey the next best...but what i am getting it is..yea...it was a decent chunk of change but it is a book i wanted and thats what i had to pay to get it...even on ebay you dont see but 1 or 2 quality WWT's in a 10 day span...many times more.This is a board, so your constructive critisism is always welcome with me smile.gif