• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Does a Slabbed Issue Tear?
2 2

10 posts in this topic

I recently acquired FF #244, 9.2. When I opened the package, I immediately notice two tears on the bottom of the comic. I do not see any signs the slab was opened or compromised. How does a comic book tear inside a slab? See photos. The seller provided high-res photo in the eBay listing and they do not show any damage to the bottom of the comic. 

Please note, this is not a CGC slab. I'm trying to determine how this could happen.

Thank you.

untitled-2872.jpg

untitled-2873.jpg

untitled-2874.jpg

untitled-2877.jpg

8 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

Here's the way to respond when it's CGC: "They are SO BUSY. Accidents are BOUND to happen. They will make it right."

Any other grading company: "They are CARELESS! They hire Bosnian refugees to grade books! They use people's books as fly swatters! They are the WORST! AVOID!"

Another day, another chance to make things right. Happy Easter, my friend...

1 hour ago, Randall Ries said:

Here's the way to respond when it's CGC: "They are SO BUSY. Accidents are BOUND to happen. They will make it right."

Any other grading company: "They are CARELESS! They hire Bosnian refugees to grade books! They use people's books as fly swatters! They are the WORST! AVOID!"

726715cc051c4590ea525dc364eaafaf.jpg