• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question of the Day

69 posts in this topic

If you found a high grade Action #1 at a garage sale and had the opportunity to purchase it for $5.00, what would you do? Personally, I'd pay the $5.00, have it CGC graded and sell it.

Unless the sellers at the garage sale seemed to be very wealthy, I'd make sure they received a sizeable amount. What do I mean by sizeable? Well, if the book sold for $250,000, I'd probably give them $50,000. I'd give them this money anonymously.

I don't consider paying the full price of what someone is asking for an item to be unethical. I do consider it unethical to offer someone 1% of the true market value of an item to end an open auction early though.

Just my 2 cents.

Unless the sellers at the garage sale seemed to be very wealthy, I'd make sure they received a sizeable amount. What do I mean by sizeable? Well, if the book sold for $250,000, I'd probably give them $50,000. I'd give them this money anonymously.

Me too, and I've actually done this on a previous deal, although for a lot less $$$. I bought some comics off an older lady, kept some, sold some others and dropped off a check.

I'm certainly no saint, but I'm no selfish blackhearted geek either.

tlc,

You are such a self-righteous dip.

KK

Ah, here we go. It's been over a week since ol' [embarrassing lack of self control] here mouthed off. Well, this is my last response to you. I refuse to let another thread go down the tubes because of your little (and I'm sure little is the right word) insecurities.

If I was lucky enough to find a high grade Action #1 at a garage sale and had the opportunity to purchase it for $5.00, I don't think my BEST polkerface could contain the excitment and I would probably burst! 893whatthe.gif

I'd pay the $5 and consider it the best deal of my life.

You can't take it with you and why should I deny MY family and heirs the extra financial security this would ultimately bring.

I'll leave the higher moral decisions for those people with far more money than I have. And for liars too.

i gotta agree with new name. pay the five and make like the wind. and first get the book to a expert in golden age comics. to make sure the book is real and not a reprint.

was it action comics # 1 or superman # 1 that they did reprints of with out the price on the cover ?

after i move the book. i will make the determination of if the sellers of the garage sale did not look too well off. i would drop off a check for 10 % of the sell price.

larry ;]

I would certainly take the comic at that price, sell it, and keep part of (or all of) the money. I might give a good chunk back to the original seller, I might not. I suppose my decision would revolve around a variety of factors, wealth being the biggest.

At least Im not a phoney, pompous wind-bag like TLC, whom has continually attacked me,..left,..and right. He is worthless in my book. And Puhhhleeze,..there is no 'morality',..it is a fiction of man. Hasn't anyone read 'Beyond Good & Evil' ? ...or am I the only well-read one here ?