• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question of the Day

69 posts in this topic

I know the Law.

ANYONE can make claims,...

but will they win ?

NO !!!!!

TO DATE: NOT ONE ACTION BROUGHT.

that sounds like a challenge. someone call Marvel's Law Department

If you didn't care what I believe, why post your statement here? Obviously, you wanted us to believe you are some holier-than-thou collector who looks out for the little guy.

Giving money back to someone you got a fabulously good deal from is "holier-than-thou"? We are talking about an EXTREME situation, where tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars are made on the sale. I think most decent people, with even a shred of conscience, would kick something back to the original owner. It hardly makes them some paragon of virtue. screwy.gif Who raised you people? Attila the Hun? There is more to life than personal acquisition at the expense of the ignorance of others. By all means though, feel free to polute you Karma further.

I don't believe in karma, so it doesn't affect me. "Karma" is just one of society's myths used to keep people from doing things others find questionable.

Why should I give anything back to the seller. If he or she puts something up for sale and I pay THEIR PRICE, and then turn around and SELL IT FOR MY PRICE, then why should I give them anything? That's another one of those statements that goes into the DUMB STATEMENTS HALL OF FAME.

If he or she puts something up for sale and I pay THEIR PRICE, and then turn around and SELL IT FOR MY PRICE, then why should I give them anything? That's another one of those statements that goes into the DUMB STATEMENTS HALL OF FAME.

Simply put, because it's the nice thing to do. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable capitalizing off another's ignorance to the tune of $100,000. Sorry if kindness seems "dumb" to you. You must have had a pretty bitter and shiiity life to not be able to even understand where I am coming from. confused-smiley-013.gif

i would buy it for asking price, and then of course sell it and make lots

'o money.

i would feel bad/uncomfortable, and feel it is not 'right' to capitalize on the seller's naivete... and i'd let anybody tell me i am a scumbag etc. and feel that i deserve it. then i'd buy stuff, lots.

oh yeah, i think that nickatradis guy is a scumbag for that offer on the romita asm page...

So bear this in mind,..I have maintained guardianship over the pieces I own for many years,..and I will sooner burn them than relinquish my dominion and control over them.

893applaud-thumb.gif I admire a person who stands behind his convictions! My respect and admiration for you would skyrocket if you were to burn your OA in defense of your principles. thumbsup2.gif