• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed Thanks
3 3

11 posts in this topic

Thank you for your insights in advance. This was a purchase about 12 years ago from Showcase NE. I know I paid $55 plus shipping. I bought a lot from them at the time because I never had issues with their grading. I will disclose their grade later on if anyone is interested. I think it is correct but when I listed it for sale the damage seemed more of an issue than the weight I gave to it. Any guesses on value?

So the bad: Lower right corner is damaged and breaks color. It does not travel past the cover. Staples have discoloration (rust). I live in a dry climate. Book looks exactly the same as it did when I purchased it. Stored in Mylar with an acid free board

IMG_0286.JPG

IMG_0291.JPG

IMG_0292.JPG

IMG_0399.JPG

IMG_0290.JPG

IMG_0293.JPG

IMG_0294.JPG

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0298.JPG

IMG_0287.JPG

Edited by mytastebud
Closing thread

9.0 perhaps, with a clean and press a 9.2.  Damn corner damage, that seems like the only real issue.  I could see a press cleaning up the back cover, a few small dings, pressable from what I can see.

On Ebay a 9.0 sold for $135 on 2/4/21, a 9.2 sold for $225.00 on 3/8/21.  Both were CGC graded.

12 minutes ago, mytastebud said:

even though I closed this I will fish the posting out again when I get it graded. I have it at 8.0 at least.

You don’t really have to close it...it might disappear.  You can leave it open and dig it out later.  Others may still want to give their estimate too.  Just a thought...(thumbsu

Ahhh, Showcase NE. Pretty sure I had some ebay run-ins with them back in the day (undisclosed resto, etc).

7.0 is my guess. Presents well but a number of small creases and back spine crinkles plus the staple issue. Unless the book has sentimental value, it's arguably not worth the expense of slabbing.