• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this shaken comic syndrome? Or is a slight shifting in the interior pages normal?
1 1

3 posts in this topic

Just got this book, it’s a 9.2. I noticed that if I very lightly tap the top or bottom, the inner pages shift slightly.  I just got it today so I can return it if this seems like a big deal. Not sure if this is normal (I am not really seeing this on my other cgc books). 

it was just graded by the seller within the last few months 

8D271E5D-42D5-4A62-99C9-4F786CE8D600.jpeg

6CDB914D-203E-4740-8DE7-87E4946EC05D.jpeg

The staples, from what I can see, seem fine.  So I am not sure if this is just kind of loose staple holes, or if the entire inner wrap is detached from the cover.

Also, this is very tightly secured within the inner well.  There is almost no wiggle room.

edit: Ok I just found a raw x-men book I have that does this slightly, so I am guessing this is nothing to worry about

A7433826-3E67-4DDA-88FD-9799688C8D96.jpeg

Edited by James Lawry

Alrighty well I have figured this out. 

just slightly loose staple holes. With a tap tap in one direction you can see them just move a wee bit, which I have on some of my raw books too. You can see the difference here if you compare the top of the staple to the pixels to the right in these two pics.

well this was a thrilling adventure. I hope we all learned something today 😅

ACEC1588-6D70-411B-8292-56A89C24FD98.png

EE319662-535C-4B90-B6DF-E53CAB17D7F0.jpeg