• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Canadian sellers using PayPal
1 1

6 posts in this topic

Not sure if this has come up in the boards previously, but I recently noticed a PayPal process change.

When receiving payment for comic sales or services from USA customers PayPal has begun converting funds to Canadian funds. Of course this is being done at a less than favourable rate, to the benefit of PP of course.

In the past the payment would remain in US funds separate from CDN, and even now there are separate balance accounts for both.  

Anyone on the Canada side experiencing this also??

36 minutes ago, 427Impaler said:

Not sure if this has come up in the boards previously, but I recently noticed a PayPal process change.

When receiving payment for comic sales or services from USA customers PayPal has begun converting funds to Canadian funds. Of course this is being done at a less than favourable rate, to the benefit of PP of course.

In the past the payment would remain in US funds separate from CDN, and even now there are separate balance accounts for both.  

Anyone on the Canada side experiencing this also??

Only when the buyer is in Canada as well.  Otherwise it stays in US funds until I transfer to my account. 

I haven't sold in several years there so I'm curious as to how this works currently.  My PP account is in US funds.  

Back then, all of my auctions were in US funds and any Canadians that won paid me in US funds.

How would things work now in my situation? 

As a Canadian, do I still have the ability to run auctions in US $?

You need to send an invoice to the buyer, this will avoid the automatic conversion  if the buyer sends the funds to your PayPal without an invoice request it automatically converts to Canadian funds. 

I'd refund the buyer then send an PayPal request to them