• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clarification on Mailing in books please.

4 posts in this topic

I just sent in my first set of books and after the fact I am unsure if I mailed them correctly. 

I filled out the online form and printed out the packing slip. It stated to mail them to a P.O Box. I also received a confirmation email which gave the same P.O. Box. But in the email was a link which stated to "Click On for mailing instructions" which I did. That link brought me to the submissions page on this web-site which stated if sending USPS use the P.O. Box but if sending UPS, mail to a different street address. I sent via UPS so I used the street address. If that correct?

For a company which deals with valuable collectables there should be a little less ambiguity. 

Edited by Greatwhite
grammar

40 minutes ago, xvipah said:

You did it right. Apparently UPS won't deliver to that PO box, not sure why but I've seen that stated somewhere. So for UPS, and I think FedEx, you mail directly to the building, USPS you mail to the PO box.

Thanks. When you are dealing with valuable collectables the instructions should be crystal clear. I should have done my research before I sent them.

Edited by Greatwhite
grammar

4 hours ago, XjYoZbQ said:

How are the instructions not crystal clear? You even quoted them doh!

I noticed that link when I was in UPS. I had started to put the P.O box on the label before I did. The complete instructions should be on the Packing Slip. Including the USPS/UPS/Fed EX differences when mailing. If I had not double checked the email at the last second I would have mailed them incorrectly. Not going to argue. Not faulting anyone. My mistake, my lack of due diligence. The packing slip should just contain all the info you need. IMHO. 

Edited by Greatwhite