• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELPPP!

46 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I'm new to comic book collecting...i went to couple of collectible stores in new york and found the following comics.i took pictures so i can get some help from you guys since i'll be investing a large amount of money i thought it would be worth it..can someone please help me put a $$ value to these comics and how much I should pay for them (minumum and maximum) and what is considered a great deal... i haven't started bargaining with the store cause i dont kwno where to start at...ha..please help...

a.jpg

b.jpg

one.jpg

two.jpg

see the thing is i have no clue how low or high high i would be spending for these..that is why i need to hear some numbers.. i can't realize what i'm doing cause i don't know how much money i'm getting into..if you at least give me a ballpark range then i can take a breather if it's not affordable or som'n..from there i'll make my own decision whether or not this is a wise decision or not..considering the price..

People that are new to collecting comics dont chase $$$ money books out of the gate.

Why dont you try getting your feet wet first before you jump into big purchases?

Wow, where to start 893scratchchin-thumb.gif. JC actually had the best advice.

Now, you ahve picked out 2 or the 10 most expensive books in the world to purchase. Do yourself a favor and try and learn about the hobby before you buy books that can be worth new cars.

Not being abtuse, but you might want to hold on and learn a little bit, or actually a lot, before you buy those books.

see the thing is i have no clue how low or high high i would be spending for these..

think about this for a second. think about what you have written.

you're willing to throw tens of thousands of dollars at things you have no clue about, based on advice from an internet message board.

okay.

here's some advice; learn how to use google, do some investigation on your own and then come back to us

For the superman 1, Metropolis has the price listed on there website,so the asking price is there for you to see.

The action 1[neatstuff had.They were asking 35k which im sure you can negotiate.

I do not think investing in books with alot of resto is a good investment but with the comming of a blue label for restored books i have certainly changed my mind.

Do you know about cgc grading polocys.You should not be starting at this level if you are NEW to this hobby....let me know

A few questions if you don't mind:

1) What caused to you seek out comics books as a possible investment vehicle? i.e. TV, radio, newspapers, online, sales call, friends, etc.

2) What led you to Action Comics #1 and Superman #1 as your comics of choice?

3) Why Metro and NeatStuff?

Comics are not lower in value if not graded.But grading it certainly makes it alot easier to sell.The action 1 your considering is restored,tear seals,color touch and i believe its missing the centerfold if i remember correctly.Its investment potential is determined by THE PRICE YOU PAY FOR IT!....TOP BOOKS LIKE THIS ALWAYS CHANGE HANDS AT A PREMIUM.... The next few years growth is already factored into the asking price..Very commom for top stuff like this.You will probably have to hold this book for 10 years to show a small profit.Remember it is restored and i think missing the centerfold.This is not good for investment purposes.

Hi sbp26,

If these are pictures of the ACTUAL copies you're interested in, your original question is moot: both of these books are being sold by major dealers, who are not going to haggle or sell them at much less than their full value. As Action1kid says above, it's highly unlikely that you're going to be able to turn much of a profit by investing in these.

If the copies you're looking at are not the ACTUAL ones pictured here, then you are most likely looking at common reprints of these books.

Hope this helps,

Jon

hi.

ill send you the leg work.

metro wants 45k for the superman 1

neatstuff wants 25k for the action 1.

both will accept offers.

May i respectfully ask you this question.It is very unusal for a beginner to start at this level.Are you serious or are you just playing with us[for lack of a better word.

Im not trying to be disrespectful ,but if you knew all the clowns we sometimes get on this board you would understand why im saying this.Anyway i welcome you.

ok who's metro though.. i follow with you on the neatstuff..that is who i was thinking of buying it off of..but the superman 1 comic isn't from metro..for what i know, at least..maybe it is..im not sure so can u elaborate on the metro seller?? please so i know what im getting into if it is him or her..

the restored superman cgc 8.0 Moderate P is being offered to me for 1750...what is your opinion on this price?