• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELPPP!

46 posts in this topic

I recommend take the money that you would spend on those 2 books and purchase yourself a 1970 Plymouth Cuda.

PlumPurple.jpg

If you can find a convertible, even better. It's not only rarer then either of those 2 books but you'll also look very cool driving it. thumbsup2.gif

A few questions if you don't mind:

1) What caused to you seek out comics books as a possible investment vehicle? i.e. TV, radio, newspapers, online, sales call, friends, etc.

2) What led you to Action Comics #1 and Superman #1 as your comics of choice?

3) Why Metro and NeatStuff?

Today's WSJ perhaps? 27_laughing.gif

ok who's metro though.. i follow with you on the neatstuff..that is who i was thinking of buying it off of..but the superman 1 comic isn't from metro..for what i know, at least..maybe it is..im not sure so can u elaborate on the metro seller?? please so i know what im getting into if it is him or her..

the restored superman cgc 8.0 Moderate P is being offered to me for 1750...what is your opinion on this price?

No way, no how will you walk away with an original Superman 1 for that price. If what you're telling us is sincere, then something is definitely wrong. If you are dealing with someone online, it's quite likely a scam. Can you cut to the chase and tell us, who is the seller you are dealing with on the Superman 1? With all respect, you won't get the answers you are looking for without giving us more complete information.

is there a difference between the collector's edition of detective comics #27 and the regular edition of detective comics #27.. ic an't find anywehre a collector's edition..what does it mean..

sbp26, I don't entirely understand your question, but see if this helps:

There are MANY different reprints of Detective Comics 27, as well as of the other key issues you're referencing. With some reprints, it's extremely obvious that they are reprints; with some, it's not at all obvious.

One common thing to watch for is oversize reprints of Detective 27 (or Action 1, or Superman 1) issued in the 1970s. They look identical to the original comics, the key difference being that they measure 10.5" x 13" instead of being normal comic book dimensions. There are countless cases of sellers trying to pass these 1970s reprints off as the real thing, on ebay or elsewhere.

Sellers know what they're doing. If a deal for one of these key books looks too good to be true, something's wrong. If you are actually interested in one of these key books, purchase from an established dealer.

Hope this helps,

Jon

alright check it out...her (gloria) username is shedigsdirt

here are the two suspcious postings i found....i don't know guys...looks too good to be true...she emailed me saying she's been collecting comics for 9 years so i know that she knows how much it's really worth..so i doubt this is the true deal right???

auction 1

auction 2

both were private auctions? and her reason for that was that:

"Auction is private to protect identities of bidders from unsolicited spam offers from eastern european members who are a menace"

man im gonna feel like such an [embarrassing lack of self control] if this is the real deal and someone else copz these...i'll feel like shi*

both were private auctions? and her reason for that was that:

"Auction is private to protect identities of bidders from unsolicited spam offers from eastern european members who are a menace"

screwy.gif

man im gonna feel like such an [embarrassing lack of self control] if this is the real deal and someone else copz these...i'll feel like shi*

Don't worry it isn't. If it looks too good to be true.....

When it comes to expensive comics, only go with "trusted" sellers/dealers.

Here's some food for thought...

Raw Dealers

Dealer Rankings

Best Raw Dealers

Best & Worst

Worst Dealers

auction 1 is a scam.the book belongs to metropolis like i said earlier today.the 1 page discription is word for word the discription that steve has on metropolis website....check it out.go to metropolis comics.com.on search punch in superman.

scroll down to superman #1.click order button[dont worry you wont confirm a buy.it will bring up the discription which you will see was taken from metropolis.they took the picture down on metro and i saw it before they did..its there book.go ahead,check it out.youll see im right.

Also, consider the fact that the seller has a feedback score of 72 that is ENTIRELY FROM SELLERS!

She hasn't sold ANYTHING on eBay! Until now, when she just happens to pull two of the most expensive comics in comicdom out of her [embarrassing lack of self control].

Bottom line.... she built up her feedback by buying God knows what and now she's turned her feedback PRIVATE so she can pull a scam. She stole scans of the comics off of the internet and is now fishing for some fool to buy them so she can "take the money and run."

You should RUN not walk away from this.

All day i have conclusivly proven[with out a dought] that these are l scams and you still want to buy the books? Something is wrong here.I think your entertaining yourself.Why would,after proving the 1st auction a fraud [superman 1]would you say

well the spiderman auction looks legit[and both auctions are the same seller] and why would anyone with no experience start at the very top level of the hobby.Of course i can be wrong but i have a feeling your having fun.

im having fun trying to find legit comics (doesn't it come with the hobby).. im not having fun finding out it isn't legit..what's wrong with that...i was just saying the spiderman one loook almost believable..ya know...it doesnt mean i want to buy it..does it?????

sorry if i wasted ppl's time..at least i saved myself money..geez