• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

One final stab: Sparkling Russ Cochran EC Sets, Batman 35, Speed 42 and a 20% discount on the entire thread
2 2

16 posts in this topic

First of several spring threads from a friend's long-time collection, which includes Warrens, Skywald and Marvel magazines, fanzines and undergrounds. But leading off, 11 Russ Cochran Complete EC sets, which were stored (and largely forgotten) in a dark room for the last 30-odd years. Several are still in the shrink-wrap. No fading. No shelf wear. Only the occasional ding (a bit of rubbing atop the Shock Illustrated slipcase). As most of you know, these slip-cased sets have color cover reproductions and reprint the classic EC stories in black-and-white. If you're lacking a few of these volumes, you'd be hard-pressed to find them in better condition. I'm holding on to the WSF and Vault of Horror, and the first collector who saw these photos grabbed MAD and PANIC.

House rules. No HOS or probes need apply. First "I'll Take It" wins in the thread. Returns accepted within 10 days, though, yes, you'll have to step up with postage. Shipping is $20 media mail, USA only. Payment via PayPal, check or money order. PM if you need more photos. I'm xelagallery on IG and I've had several previous offerings on the boards.

Once again, MAD and PANIC are no longer available, but as for the rest:

Tales From the Crypt  .... 375

Weird Fantasy ............... SOLD

Crime SuspenStories .... SOLD

Front-Line Combat ........ 180

Shock Illustrated ........... 175

Valor/MD/Impact ........... 160

Weird Science ............... SOLD

Aces High/Piracy .......... 200

Two-Fisted Tales ........... 250

Shock SuspenStories ... 200

Haunt of Fear ................ SOLD

fronts.jpeg

backs.jpeg

overhead.jpeg

hof.jpeg

impact.jpeg

cs2.jpeg

tft.jpeg

gallery.jpeg

wf.jpeg

IMG_2858.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

Offered for sale: the last 8 remaining Russ Cochran Complete EC sets that I picked up from a local collector in 2021.

Everything I said at the original offering still applies (though I've raised the cost of postage to $20 to pay for all the necessary packing material). These sets are still living in the dark, with no fading and no shelf wear. There's still slight rubbing atop the Shock Illustrated slipcase and that rare ding (the most significant being at the top of the Weird Science Fantasy set). As the popularity of EC reprints continues to rise, it's ever more difficult to find these in this condition.

The Weird Science, Weird Fantasy, Haunt of Fear and Crime Suspense are long gone. The prices on the remaining sets:

Tales from the Crypt ................ $425

Frontline Combat ..................... $175

Shock Illustrated ...................... $150

Valor/MD/Impact ...................... $150

Weird Science-Fantasy ............ $175

Two-Fisted Tales ...................... $200

Shock SuspenStories .............. $200

Vault of Horror ......................... $525

IMG_3262.jpeg

IMG_3263.jpeg

IMG_3268.jpeg

IMG_3264.jpeg

IMG_3265.jpeg

IMG_3267.jpeg

IMG_3266.jpeg

Discount only applies to the Cochran sets. Shipping on the Golden Age comics is $20 priority mail.

Speed Comics 42, late (March '46) in the 44-issue run. G/VG 3.0 with better than usual COW page quality. Rudy Palais cover. Loose at staples, rust at lower staple (see interior photo), Cover crease, tear at top spine and on interior page, Joe Kubert interior art.

$160

IMG_3288.jpeg

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3290.jpeg

IMG_3291.jpeg

IMG_3292.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Batman 35. Good 2.5 OW pages. Catwoman story. A Dick Sprang cover that is barely holding on at both staples. Multiple issues, as the photos make clear, including small tears and the moisture issues that bleed through on the inside of the front cover. Sharp cover reds.

$450

IMG_3277.jpeg

IMG_3278.jpeg

IMG_3280.jpeg

IMG_3281.jpeg

IMG_3279.jpeg

Edited by SteveDuin

And the last for now: Walt Disney Comics & Stories #14. VG- 3.5.OW.  Early (1941) Ducks, with cover detached at bottom staple and barely hanging on at top. Foxing top right edge. Alameda Pharmacy stamp on the back cover of a solid, supple book.

$150

IMG_3273.jpeg

IMG_3274.jpeg

IMG_3275.jpeg

IMG_3276.jpeg