• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Faulty Slabs
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I just received my books from the recent Kevin Eastman signing and both slabs do not seem to be sealed correctly as I can press down on the right side of the slab and make a clicking sound.  Also one of the labels on the books is not aligned flush to the outer well and you can see from the side that the label is diagonal against the well.  Are both my obsersavtions normal and if not what can I do to get them fixed?  Thank you for your attention.

• Administrator

Hi, thanks for your message.  Please send an email to our customer service department with the certification number as well as a picture of the book, if possible, and they can advise you on how to proceed.  You can email us at: submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!

On 4/12/2021 at 11:28 PM, leekin said:

I just received my books from the recent Kevin Eastman signing and both slabs do not seem to be sealed correctly as I can press down on the right side of the slab and make a clicking sound.  Also one of the labels on the books is not aligned flush to the outer well and you can see from the side that the label is diagonal against the well.  Are both my obsersavtions normal and if not what can I do to get them fixed?  Thank you for your attention.

One of my recent submissions also came back with the pressing/clicking issue.  There is a slight split in the seal on the left side, maybe 2", where the slab did not completely seal.  Is this common?  I thought nothing of it at the time when I got it back about a month ago (or less?).  

• Administrator

Some slight movement within the holder is normal and acceptable.  Also, depending on the size of the holder, some holders are only sealed at the corners instead completely all the way around.  If your book required a larger holder then that would be what you are seeing.

Thanks!

On 4/14/2021 at 5:49 PM, Jennifer F. said:

Some slight movement within the holder is normal and acceptable.  Also, depending on the size of the holder, some holders are only sealed at the corners instead completely all the way around.  If your book required a larger holder then that would be what you are seeing.

Thanks!

Thanks so much for that information!  That's a HUGE relief.  I was concerned my holder was faulty and that the recommended course of action would be a reholder.