• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Titles that made it from the 1940s to the 1960s
2 2

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rjpb said:

It also seems a bit arbitrary to make the advent of the CCA stamp the end of the GA, even if convenient,

I agree with that in general.  Although I would actually put the CCA as marking the exact cutoff for Adventure Comics... with Johnny Quick having their last appearance in Adventure #207, and Krypto first appearing in Adventure #210, the first CCA approved issue, the CCA is too good a tiebreaker not to use.

10 minutes ago, OtherEric said:

I agree with that in general.  Although I would actually put the CCA as marking the exact cutoff for Adventure Comics... with Johnny Quick having their last appearance in Adventure #207, and Krypto first appearing in Adventure #210, the first CCA approved issue, the CCA is too good a tiebreaker not to use.

It has always amused me that third stringers like Johnny Quick, Green Arrow and Aquaman managed to outlast Flash and Green Lantern. Imagine how different the SA would have been if DC had booted them in favor of Flash and GL as backups in Adventure.

Blondie changed publishers between issues 15 and 16, but there was no break in publication.  The title started in 1947

Felix the Cat changed publishers twice during that span, but had no break in publication.  The title started in 1948

Jughead - the first issue came out in 1949 before your deadline.