• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you rather.
2 2

54 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I bet she said more than that.. :sumo:

That's an easy prediction to make. They usually do and it's advisable to not only pretend that you're not only listening in a convincing manner, but that you actually care. That's the balancing act; the fine line between aggravation and tranquility that many have tried treading, but so few have really mastered. (worship)

Edited by James J Johnson

4 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That's an easy prediction to make. They usually do and it's advisable to not only pretend that you're not only listening in a convincing manner, but that you actually care. That's the balancing act between aggravation and tranquility that many have tried treading, but so few have really mastered. (worship)

Well my response to his last that's what she said could be applied.  How could she talk with a ball gag in?  (thumbsu but for most other scenarios I follow this. 20210418_182904.jpg.9f3d45d74ea489faba1f431b52735233.jpg

35 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That's an easy prediction to make. They usually do and it's advisable to not only pretend that you're not only listening in a convincing manner, but that you actually care. That's the balancing act; the fine line between aggravation and tranquility that many have tried treading, but so few have really mastered. (worship)

Wutever you do if a woman is telling you her complaints DO NOT offer advice!  :makepoint:
They DO NOT want advice you numbskulls they just want you to LISTEN!
Learned that the hard way.
Acceptable responses are "omg"  "thats awful"  "I cant believe it".
The End.

3 minutes ago, kav said:

Wutever you do if a woman is telling you her complaints DO NOT offer advice!  :makepoint:
The End.

Besides the Ball Gag , Chocolate, and Midol; I try to keep one of these handy.. You can use them on yourself! giphy.gif.28a0626d5c85b67b1fd526c7351006b4.gif

5 minutes ago, kav said:

The End.

and if you're a hippie wait till she finally stops talking then look her straight in the eye and say

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, vheflin said:

and if you're a hippie wait till she finally stops talking then look her straight in the eye and say

giphy.gif

^^^^^^

47 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

i just watch their mouth move and occasionally nod

28 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

That's the technique. Listen for the pauses in the never ending streams of the harangue, seemingly spoken without having to take a breath to reload.. Think Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie. Sense when one of her phrases is winding down, and in that thankful pause, interject something like, "huh. Ain't that a corker?", or "are you kidding?", "Wow!", "Yeah..well...", after awhile, with practice, it'll come second nature as your #1 sanity survival tool. 

34 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

And above all else, the answer to every question that starts with "Can we..", "Can I..", or similarly started questions having the rising pitch of a question is "Yes. To Everything!". Not just yes. But those three words, "Yes! To everything", even if the real answer is, "Have you lost your mind altogether". That single answer to all questions is the glue that binds the very fabric of the relationship. 

14 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

That's the technique. Listen for the pauses in the never ending streams of the harangue, seemingly spoken without having to take a breath to reload.. Think Charlie Parker and Dizzy Gillespie. Sense when one of her phrases is winding down, and in that thankful pause, interject something like, "huh. Ain't that a corker?", or "are you kidding?", "Wow!", "Yeah..well...", after awhile, with practice, it'll come second nature as your #1 sanity survival tool. 

much easier to do before the main event ... much harder to feign interest after the main event.........

5 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

much easier to do before the main event ... much harder to feign interest after the main event.........

That's the beauty of listening for pauses. You won't have to listen to the words, just sense the approach of the all too few pauses to breathe and swallow excess spit and in those rare breaks, deliver your word or two convincingly; as though you're really listening to that same old stuff for the 1 millionth time. . 

1 minute ago, James J Johnson said:

You know why such a high percentage of men die before their wives do?

It's worth it.