• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Black Panther 2 - Grade is in
2 2

11 posts in this topic

Everything is intact and no bent corners or tears or any other defects I can see except the the bow at the bottom.  It was in a loose long box with just a bag and no board when I found it.  Is it worth sending in to be graded?  What about pressing, would pressing help the bow?  I'm getting ready to send off my first ever batch of books and trying to figure out which books are worth trying to fix and which ones are better off left alone.  Thanks for your time!

187522272_BlackPanther2.thumb.jpg.1a2103f6816fb23b2cfbaca45cdf468c.jpg1071194510_BlackPanther2Back.thumb.jpg.9ac1cdfeb0e17f2f9d1e41ad3d41ab0d.jpg20210418_143013.thumb.jpg.38e0ef3b0db4b04aebae38643f8da09c.jpg

20210418_143116.thumb.jpg.459dc11069dc9e0f9fd2a77917fcd624.jpg

20210418_143042.thumb.jpg.14b329c6531ce97337633050a0a965b1.jpg

Edited by Jemin
Added pictures

8 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

A press will help that ‘bow’.  Am I seeing ink loss spots near the spine on both covers?

What do you think the ink loss spots cost me as far as grade?

9.0...the spine corners are a bit blunted too.  9.2 is possible.

Don’t forget, those of us here in this forum don’t work for CGC.  We give estimates...and sometimes we’re right. :roflmao: Don’t base your decisions on what perfect strangers say.  Go with your gut, especially if you’re adding books to your personal collection. (thumbsu

1 minute ago, Galen130 said:

Don’t forget, those of us here in this forum don’t work for CGC.  We give estimates...and sometimes we’re right. :roflmao: Don’t base your decisions on what perfect strangers say.  Go with your gut, especially if you’re adding books to your personal collection. (thumbsu

Great advice!

I always try to think worst case scenario. I too see 9.0-9.2 in this book with a press. Now, mentally, one should prepare for the possibility of getting an 8.5 just so as to not be reallly disappointed. If the grade matter most to you, buy that grade. If you love the book, get it graded. If you are looking to sell, consider the costs and risks involved with getting it graded (might be where you think, could be lower, could be higher) versus selling raw. 

3 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

Oh yea for sure.  I'm just trying to supplement my personal collection and trying to offset the costs of stabbing my real prizes!  I appreciate any insight!

1 minute ago, Jemin said:

Oh yea for sure.  I'm just trying to supplement my personal collection and trying to offset the costs of stabbing my real prizes!  I appreciate any insight!

Stabbing??? :roflmao:

AF827BBF-2143-4ED2-BEE8-711E430FCFE4.png