• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Secret Wars 8 - GRADE IS IN
2 2

14 posts in this topic

After 30 years in storage i am digging into my collection. Will be sending a bunch of books off next week. Was just looking for some community input on a few of the submissions. 

This is the better of my two copies. Thinking I am going to send in for a press to fix the one mark on the spine. Thanks for your thoughts!

** Edit to change to pics without glare. Spine looks much more true now. **

IMG_0406.jpeg

IMG_0407.jpeg

IMG_0408.jpeg

IMG_0409.jpeg

IMG_0410.jpeg

IMG_0411.jpeg

IMG_0412.jpeg

Edited by Brad Ross Cohen
Better pics on solid bkg

It is a nice copy! Sharp corners, no spine ticks. I usually max out at 9.4 (I am always hesitant to guess 9.6 or 9.8) but with that being said, I would not be surprised at all if it hit higher. Unless there are some sneaky small hidden stains somewhere, you will get a solid grade on this one. 

On 4/22/2021 at 5:46 AM, comicginger1789 said:

Unless there are some sneaky small hidden stains somewhere, you will get a solid grade on this one. 

Yes.  Books at the upper end of the grade scale, 9.4, 9.6, 9.8; unless you see spine stresses, and this book does not appear to have any in these images, can't really be determined from scans due to the "sneaky, small defect" possibility. Judging by the scans, I can't see a reason why 9.6 would not be possible, especially once pressed to square off that top right corner. 

On 11/25/2021 at 3:47 PM, Brad Ross Cohen said:

Grade is in. 9.6. 

I did not press this like I said I would. Maybe I should have doh!

sw8.jpg

Before viewing the result I looked at the scans. My feeling was a 9.2/9.4 or 9.6 MAX if pressed. I think you did very well with the grade and pressing in your case I just do not think woudl have moved the needle - thus kudos on saving the coin. I've sent in "nicer" books that have received 9.6's and of course some "worse" that got 9.8 (structural 9.8's in effect).

Edited by MAR1979