• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four 264 - Byrne / Web of Spiderman # 11

8 posts in this topic

Don't you think it's odd that he says in his description that it sold for 17K CASH last year. That's not exactly a positive selling point to make potential buyers aware that the seller is selling at a $3500 LOSS a year later. That doesn't make me think that the market is strong. I'm confused as to why that would be mentioned as a selling point?!? If I'm buying a collectible that I know someone paid much more for a year ago, that doesn't give me confidence for what I could potentially sell it for a year from now.

It's a 'classic' cover, but doesn't include all four members, so it isn't a true homage in my book...maybe that's why it's selling for a loss now...

Don't you think it's odd that he says in his description that it sold for 17K CASH last year. That's not exactly a positive selling point to make potential buyers aware that the seller is selling at a $3500 LOSS a year later. That doesn't make me think that the market is strong. I'm confused as to why that would be mentioned as a selling point?!? If I'm buying a collectible that I know someone paid much more for a year ago, that doesn't give me confidence for what I could potentially sell it for a year from now.

It's a 'classic' cover, but doesn't include all four members, so it isn't a true homage in my book...maybe that's why it's selling for a loss now...

Agreed. Not the greatest language to instill confidence. However, Burkey probably acquired it as part of a larger trade and assigned a mental value of what he would sell it for...hence, the mark-down. It is Byrne. And it is Classic. Unfortunately,..I am not an FF guy.

i would think what is holding the price down on that book is that, in addition to your comments above, it's also a swipe, and it's not exactly a top-notch story from the run. in fact, IIRC, it's one of the weaker issues from that period

while. the mark beachum web of spiderman # 11 cover is very nice. i think the best cover he ever did was the web of spiderman cover that showed santa claus. wearing dark shades and driving gloves. holding up a chrome plated 45 auto.

i always wondered who has that cover in there collection. also beachum has a very good talent for drawing sexy babe.s

larry ;]