• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

••CLOSED•• All Superman Batman
1 1

38 posts in this topic

Will try to list at least 40 SA/BA books (maybe one or 2 GA) of Superman, Batman, and related titles (Action, Detective, Adventure, my WF and others), mostly to mid grade (a few higher grade BA Batman) over the next few days. Am running another thread in Mixed with CA books and TPBs of these titles https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/488424-ca-batman-tec-and-some-batmansuperman-related-tpns/ 

Rules:

First :takeit: in the thread trumps all (up until I post books have been sold).  

All books are returnable within 2 weeks of purchase for any reason. I try to give decent scans/pics to enable judgement of grade. For most books (particularly those $10 or less) I don't post a back cover but will note if back has something that is significantly affecting with grade.  there's something notable that hammers the grade. Paypal, CK, or MO accepted. International buyers welcome if you can pay for shipping that includes tracking.  If you are well known on the boards and international, your books will ship in a timely manner upon any form of payment. If you are international and unknown to me, you’ll either have to pay by CK or MO, or have a long-time ever-present boardie vouch for you directly to me.

Shipping costs are exact costs for US shipping however you want it shipped. USPS Priority envelope or box, well protected, is the default method. If shipping ends up being more than what you’re charged, I’ll refund the difference.

No bidders of ill-repute, yadda yadda yadda.

Edited by whomerjay

****ALL SOLD****

Time to list but a few this afternoon; more tonight.

Superman #176 3.0 BS pop $6

Superman #178 3.5 $8

Superman #180 4.0 $8

Superman #182 3.5-4.0 $10

Superman #184 4.0 $6

Superman #186 4.5 $12

Superman #205 5.0 $10

Superman 176 30.jpg

Superman 178 35.jpg

Superman 180 40.jpg

Superman 182 35to40.jpg

Superman 184 40.jpg

Superman 186 45.jpg

Superman 205 50.jpg

Edited by whomerjay

On 4/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, whomerjay said:

Tec 353 40.jpg

This cover reminds of a big difference between Marvel and DC Comics. See a villain battling a different superhero was rare for DC. For Marvel, it was almost commonplace.

Dr. Doom has fought 1) the Fantastic Four, 2) Spider-Man, 3) Daredevil, 4) the Avengers, 5) Iron Man, 6) Ant-Man (alongside the FF), 7) Sub-Mariner, 8) the Silver Surfer (alongside the FF), 9) Thor, 10) Dr. Strange, and others that I have forgotten or didn't know about in the first place.

Edited by Math Teacher

these are all now sold:

Superman #176 3.0 BS pop $6

Superman #178 3.5 $8

Superman #180 4.0 $8

Superman #182 3.5-4.0 $10

Superman #184 4.0 $6

Superman #186 4.5 $12

Superman #205 5.0 $10

Detective #351 5.0 $10

Detective #352 4.5 $8

Detective #353 4.0 $10

Detective #379 4.5 $12

Detective #449 7.0 $10

Detective #456 6.5 $10

Detective #289 4.5(Q)  3 extra staples which aren’t necessary as regular staples seem fine; if removed say 3.0 $22

Detective #299 4.0-4.5, looks to be manufactured with one staple. $35

Batman #241 5.0- 5.5. The major issue with this book is a partial sub crease on front and back, neither of which go the full vertical length, perhaps hard to see in scan. IMO these could be pressed out and only a slight color break in the front middle would remain. The downgrade to 5.0-5.5 is largely due to this; for a complete sub crease I usually consider 4.5 the upper grade limit. Small diagonal cbc lrc, pinch middle bottom edge. Back has a few additional ncbc, very light stain, light abrasion bottom right edge. $70

Batman 241 50to55 front.jpg

Batman 241 50to55 back.jpg

Batman #243 8.0. Also very nice and improvable. Black cover tends to show everything, although all flaws are small. 2 small cbc fc bottom staple. 3 other very slight cbc spine. 1/3 moon light cbc top above “ALL”. Very slight horizontal imprint that runs across fc ¼ up from bottom. Back very clean. $60 SOLD

Batman 243 80 front.jpg

Batman 243 80 back.jpg

Edited by whomerjay

Batman #244 8.0; this is technical grade but books look much better in hand and is also quite improvable. Super glossy. About 5 ncbc spine, 2 small that slightly break color. Slight fraying llc. Small ncbc top near “No.”, a couple of ncbc right edge. Small dot size imprint at about 10 o’clock to left of moon. Back has handful of small ncbc. $150 SOLD

Batman 244 80 front.jpg

Batman 244 80 back.jpg

Edited by whomerjay