• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Value of UK priced 60/70s comics?

6 posts in this topic

CGC,

i was wondering if there is any difference in the FMV price of a British pence copy of Fantastic Four say and a U.S. Cents copy? I believe both were printed at the same time and on the same machinery.  I have a number of pence priced (10d etc) comics I would like to submit.  If there is a difference, how do I find out the FMV?

Regards,

Duncan 

• Administrator

Good morning,

Thanks for your message.  CGC doesn't value any of the comics we grade so we can't advise you on a specific amount for your book.  The value we are looking for is just for insurance purposes while the book is here in our office.  You can put what you paid for the book, what you see similar books selling for online.  You could also have the book appraised by a comic dealer in your area.  There are also several websites that can help determine value as well.  When in doubt, we recommend starting more conservatively with the value. 

In the event that CGC, at its sole discretion, determines that the fair market value of a collectible is higher than the value stated by the submitter, CGC will move the collectible to the appropriate higher tier and the additional charge will be the responsibility of the submitter. For more information on determining fair market value, review the Declared Value Policy.

Thank you!

9 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

CGC doesn't value any of the comics we grade

Buuuuuuut CGC will "value" your books and bump up your tier to charge you more if...

9 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

CGC, at its sole discretion, determines that the fair market value of a collectible is higher than the value stated by the submitter

Soooooo: They don't assign values to books, but they do assign values to books.

• Administrator

We will only bump your items up to a higher tier if they are significantly under valued.  For example, if someone lists $25 for a $5,000 book, then yes, we are going to bump that up to higher tier and you would be charged the difference in the grading fees.

Thanks,